Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Elevator Videos Fixed - Brainstones Hardcoded Instances

PreviousPage 2 of 3Next

Brainstrorm very valuable !
You saved creativity and the personal choice. :thumbup:

Thank you !

Something like this definitely needs to replace the outdated tutorials on youtube

Just when I think I understand the system, it changes on me.

Can you add an option to remove the gun entirely? Just connect it to the "Start Disabled" on the trigger_weapon_strip.

Falsi sumus crusto!

i second that. a weaponstrip still leaves the gun pickup audio

Just when I think I understand the system, it changes on me.

how do you transition to the menu

this might be a signature
or it might not be
i dont know :-)
figure it out yourself

You can copy the exit base and add a trigger_once > point_clientcommand > Command > disconnect; to go back to the Portal 2 menu, if that's what you're asking.

Falsi sumus crusto!
FelixGriffin wrote:
You can copy the exit base and add a trigger_once > point_clientcommand > Command > disconnect; to go back to the Portal 2 menu, if that's what you're asking.

i did try that but it wont activate how do i type it in do i just type in Command disconnect cause that wont work does disconnect need to have a capital letter or does disconnect need to be a parameter

this might be a signature
or it might not be
i dont know :-)
figure it out yourself
staryoshi06 wrote:
i did try that but it wont activate how do i type it in do i just type in Command disconnect cause that wont work does disconnect need to have a capital letter or does disconnect need to be a parameter

Create a point_clientcommand and name it something like @command. Create a trigger_once above the departure elevator tube so that when the player enters the elevator, the elevator rises and the player will activate the trigger.
The trigger outputs are:
OnTrigger -> @command -> Command -> disconnect -> 0.00 -> No
Hope it helps! ;)

How do I get the elevator videos working properly? I changed the 'video' parameter to the video I wanted, but it's just showing up white on the screens.

ImageImage
AuesomeMan3840 wrote:
How do I get the elevator videos working properly? I changed the 'video' parameter to the video I wanted, but it's just showing up white on the screens.

You're necroposting on so many threads ;-;
Make sure your video parameter is actually a valid bik file, for example something like "media/bluescreen.bik"

i do not agree with your opinion please remove yourself
PreviousPage 2 of 3Next