Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Dubbing project of Portal 2

Hi. I am going to dub Portal 2 into Azerbaijani. Almost all character voices purely isolated, so I can replace the files with the dubbed ones. However, there are two sounds in

Code: Select all
playoncescripted_sequencesmstr

which are from the key parts of the story. These sounds are not pure and already mixed with sound effects and background music, which makes it incredibly difficult to dub these parts without compromising the quality. I am not a sound engineer either to recreate them from scratch.

So, how can I find a raw project file or voice-removed versions of these sounds, so I can paste the dubbed sounds on top of them?

Thanks.

Link to the scenes:
https://youtu.be/3l0P8WdfrX8?t=92
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5y4Px4iipc

Will you be releasing this as a mod? Contacting the Portal 2 creators is probably a good idea if you want your work officially recognised.
Otherwise you'll need to do some audio work of your own. Often the audio is mixed with beeps, distortion, sound effects, etc.

?????????????????????????????TWP Releases | My Workshop
ChickenMobile wrote:
Contacting the Portal 2 creators is probably a good idea if you want your work officially recognised.

Whom exactly should I contact? I tried to contact via Valve official page, but there is no response. Maybe I wrote to a wrong person. And yes, I want my work to be officially recognized, but I would like the package would be added as an official translation package rather than a separate mod.

steamworks/steamdirect is pretty much the new Greenlight - unfortunately to get on it costs $100.
I'd say: make at least a modDB page and try to submit your project through steamdirect.

Thanks to LPFreaky90 for the info!

ChickenMobile wrote:
steamworks/steamdirect is pretty much the new Greenlight - unfortunately to get on it costs $100.
I'd say: make at least a modDB page and try to submit your project through steamdirect.

Thanks to LPFreaky90 for the info!

Thanks for the reply. Will I be able to get the necessary resources after paying the price? I am not going to publish the translation package officially until I manage to make a clean and legit package. That's why right now I am not looking for a publishing service. If you know, please tell me how to contact Valve to get the necessary audio files without the voice overs.

I legit don't know
:shrug: