Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Discussion about games/gaming

Page 1 of 2Next

Civilized discussion about gaming. What games do you play/have played and how much (other than portal 2), what are your favorite games and are there games you hate, do you also play on consoles and if yes, which (note: this isn't consoles vs. PC flamewar this thread is for that), what was the first game you played etc.?

The games I have played the most are probably racing games like need for speed or flatout or platformers like crash bandicoot though lately (as in past 2-4 years) I have started moving a little more to rts and fps games. I also enjoy playing simple laid-back games on wii such as mario kart, wii sports etc. I also play minecraft sometimes :).

The best game imo is Age of Empires 2, an old rts game which has a lot of nostalgia value to me.

EDIT: yay just got defective turret status :lol:

Portal 1, Portal 2, Portal 2 Authoring Tools - Beta, Runescape, Zelda games (Wii, Gamecube), Super Mario 64 (Wii with a Gamecube controller, but meant for the Nintendo 64). Though I mainly just play Portal 2.

Civilization 2-5
recently being busy playing alice:madness returns, dungeon defenders, dear esther.

Favorite games:
Time Splitters 2, Beyond Good & Evil, Shenmue II and the half-life series and ofc portal series

Favourite games: Paper Mario TTYD, Pikmin 2, Banjo Tooie.

Currently playing: A bunch of mods for Medieval II and Rome Total Wars, Portal 2, Left 4 Dead 2

I have a few games that, every couple of years, I decide to play again. Battlezone (1998) is probably at the top of that list. The gameplay is great and unique, the story is pretty interesting considering it's about hover tanks on Mars. Oh, and it's abandonware and the community has patched it to work in Windows 7. A few years ago I played Chrono Trigger for the first time ever. I missed out on a lot of games from the 16 bit era because my parents were cheapskates. There's nothing I could ever say that hasn't been said about it. Quake 2, the singleplayer is rock solid and at the time the DM was great.

I like interesting games or innovative games or quirky games. Magicka, Braid, Darwinia/Multiwinia, Eufloria, I-Fluid, And Yet It Moves, Rock of Ages. Basically I'm just going down my steam game list. There's this freeware game called Transcendence, check out the site if you want. Basically you pilot a ship through an infinitely large (I think?) galaxy. There's NPCs to fight and different factions to get involved with. It's great for a free game, I remember playing this for an entire weekend straight, unable to put it down.

I don't play too many games to completion. I think the last 3 games that I have beaten were Portal 2, Super Meat Boy, and Borderlands. Oh and I think I beat Warhammer 40k Space Marine but there was like a 3 month gap in the middle where I didn't pick it up.

I don't like most shooters. I really dislike what the mainstream gaming landscape looks like.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

Favourite games of all time: HL2, Oblivion (Elder Scrolls IV) - I played this game till I got a moon tan.

Games I really liked as a kid: Croc2, Duke3D Atomic Edition, Red Alert, DOOM (series), Rayman (series), Rollercoaster Tycoon (the original), SimCity 2000, COD United Offensive (I was really good at it, beat all my brothers friends' in lans).

Games I like now: Portal 2 (duh), Audiosurf, DayZ (if you guys haven't played it and own Arma2 you are missing out), SuperMeatBoy (it was cool)

Games I played recently and liked: Psychonauts, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Fallout (I really need to finish this one)

?????????????????????????????TWP Releases | My Workshop

Favorite games: GoldenEye 007 (N64), Rayman, Sonic 3 & Knuckles, Wario's Woods (NES), Kirby's Return to Dreamland, Earthbound/Mother 2, Luigi's Mansion and (of course) Super Mario World.

Great Games: Kirby 64, Half-Life, Pokemon, Team Fortress 2, Megaman X5, Super Mario 3D Land and Left 4 Dead 2.

I'll just stop there, my list is pretty big.

Crazy is as crazy does.
My Work
[spoiler]Maps:
Revenge of the Angry Turrets
Capture the Cube [Co-op]
Capture the Cube 2 [Co-op]
TPWEGTH Sample Map
Aperture Aquatic Testing Center
Aperture Aquatic Testing Center 2
Aperture Time Testing Center
ML's Halloween Trick - 1000 downloads!
ML's Halloween Treat
ML's Combination - 1000 downloads!
ML's Jailbreak Labyrinth
ML's Tricky Teamwork [Co-op]
WIP:
"Capture the Cube 3"
Workshop Maps Link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198008890579/myworkshopfiles/[/spoiler]

I don't even know where to start. I've played so many terrific games in my short time on this earth... let's see... top 5 by genre? doin' it.

FPS: Quake 2, Half-life 2, Painkiller, Bioshock, Counter-strike

RPG: FF7, FF9, Kingdoms of Amalur, Fallout 3, Legend of Zelda: Link to the past

RTS: Starcraft: Brood War, Starcraft 2, Age of Empires, C&C: Red Alert, C&C: Red alert 2

Platform: Crash Bandicoot 1,2,3, Gex, Jumping Flash, Super Mario World 3, I wanna be the Boshy

Racing: Gran Turismo (ALL OF THEM), GRID, CTR, TWISTED METAL!!! (I know, wrong genre but fuck you, cars and explosions!)

Horror: Silent Hill 1 & 2... that's it really.

I think that about covers what I typically play, in terms of game genres...

Other honorable mentions that you might have never played that are 'different':
- Terraria: seriously this shit is motherfucking brilliant. I's like crack, but with better dental hygiene and more clicking. People say "Oh it's just 2D minecraft" but NO! It's so much deeper and more interesting than Minecraft. It's also the only game in the last 6 years to be able to hold my attention for more than 2 hours. The first time I played it, I did an 11 hour stint, and I only stopped because my wrists were literally about to disintegrate.

- Dear Esther: I suppose I don't have to exhalt this to a forum full of source modders, but still, it's a terrific experiment in storytelling that you won't find anywhere else.

- Hard Reset: I've only played this briefly, but it reminds me of a better time in FPS gaming. Before everyone started circle-jerking about "REALISM" and just focused on air-control movement and fun combat... and HOLY SHIT FUCKING CRAZY WEAPONS SPLOSIONS BRO WOO

- Trackmania: Yes, this should go under racing, but it's so much more than that. It's not a sim by any stretch, but it's like playing Quake for a car game. It's INSANELY competitive, the physics engine is perfectly executed for what is needed (read: not real, and there's an incredibly easy but very diverse map making tool, which has carried this game for years and years of epic competition.

I liek gaems

Dungeons and Dragon's Online, (now in Steam flavor) Oblivion 4-5, Civ 3-5, Portal 1-2, Dragon Age: Origins/II...

Uhm I think that's it... god I need to play more games.

I like adventure games the most - notably Grim Fandango, Monkey Island series, Broken Sword 1 and Syberia series.
I also liked the first 3 Commandos games quite a lot, and stealth games like Hitman and Thief series...

As far as I'm concerned, I love any game that makes me use my head, which includes the above and others like Braid and Portal 2, the only exception being CS 1.6

Page 1 of 2Next