Please or Register to create posts and topics.

disappearing func_noportal_volume's

I have another annoying problem hopefully someone can help me with. I have a brush-based door that's quite large, and if you shoot at the right spot, you can put a portal onto the door itself, which looks really dumb and shouldn't be happening. So I put a func_noportal_volume right in front of the door and triggered it to turn on and off when the door opens and closes, but as soon as I do this it disappears all together. Does anyonek now how to trigger them without them ceasing to exist?

hmm, try parenting the brush to the door and see if that works.

Or, you could just stretch the func_noportal_volume out actoss the entire door, and to where it swings so that there's no area on the door that you can portal to. Just make the texture a grate.

Mapster wrote:
hmm, try parenting the brush to the door and see if that works.

Same thing happens. If its a straight func_noportal_volume with no code, it works, but as soon as i try to trigger it, or add a parent, it disappears.

Duffedwaffe wrote:
Or, you could just stretch the func_noportal_volume out actoss the entire door, and to where it swings so that there's no area on the door that you can portal to. Just make the texture a grate.

I'm not sure what you mean, what texture?

To be more specific, I have two problems. My normal brush based doors can have portals on them, which is bad and so far I can't work out how to prevent it.

My second problem is silghtly different:
http://leckweb.5elements.net/mods/mod_v1_20006.jpg

This door swings vertically upwards, but the portals go straight through it so its hardly worth having there in the first place. I tried putting a no draw brush one unit away and parenting that, but even no draws can have portals on them too.