Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Disable Puzzle Maker interface

Hi again

Topics says what do I mean. I want to chave the Peti windows clear of all the interface elements, only pure creation. Can it be done somehow? Tried those two already but that didn't give any results.

Code: Select all
cl_drawhud 0
gameui_hide

Do I have to hack the program data? Or it can be done easier?

Do not ask, why do I want to turn the UI off, just think :)

Thanks in advance,
Greg

Try

drawhud 0

Not sure if it works. :D

Unknown command: drawhud

Also checked out commands beginning with draw~ or ui~, none seemed to turn it off however.

Is is not anymore so needed (I mean the UI disabling) but submit any other ideas.

Can't you just crop the edges off your screenshot? It gets a bit smaller, but still a lot bigger than the auto-generated one, unless you play at a really low resolution.

(Also, pro-tip: max out ALL of your video settings before taking screenshots, including resolution ;))

Sendificate series: Sendificate | A Beam Too Far | Airtime | 302
Other Portal 2 maps: Medusa Glare
Portal 1 maps: Try Anything Twice | Manic Mechanic
HMW wrote:
Can't you just crop the edges off your screenshot? It gets a bit smaller, but still a lot bigger than the auto-generated one, unless you play at a really low resolution.

Well, purpose of the screenshot was to use it to extract random tile rows to be later used in design. I thought it can be done easy way by creating a wall in Peti, screenshooting and then cropping the image to get horizontal row of tiles. However, it came out that the result was pixelized - border of such row of blocks was blurred at the ends etc., etc. It should be obvious for me - Peti is not any renderer but a game... Well, nevermind.

Found out that extracting textures from the game is easy (I thought it will be hard as hell after reading some forum with tutorial where was written that I'd have to edit hex to get my texture to tga. It was 2011, however, now it takes few mouse presses :)).

Anyway, that would be nice feature to be able to turn the UI off, don't you think? Especially as an additional option for some larger Peti mod.

On the other hand, it will be surely easier to get clean screenshots using the upcoming Filmmaker :). I wasn't so lucky to get invite for now :(.