Please or Register to create posts and topics.

'Custom Story' tag

Page 1 of 2Next

Anyone have any idea how this gets added or how you can remove it? I noticed that I got the tag for the map I just uploaded, even though it doesn't have any story to it at all.... To be honest I'd rather get rid of it, because I don't want people thinking I somehow used the tag just to get more hits.

---------------------------
My maps: Double Bill / Jam / Oval Window / Gymnasium / Gymnasium Part 2 / Minimalism (collection) / Resolution
All feedback welcome!

I think its added when you opt out of the cave story

Also, I made a map just for you! Sunset
Click Here to view my Workshop and play my puzzlemaker maps

Hmm, I hadn't touched that, but there are indeed no Cave lines playing. When I looked at the entrance instance in Hammer the 'disable pti audio' parameter was a bunch of question marks; I tried changing that to 0, re-compiled, re-uploaded to the Workshop and checked but still the same - no Cave, Custom Story... Ah, well, it's not that big a deal.

My maps: Double Bill / Jam / Oval Window / Gymnasium / Gymnasium Part 2 / Minimalism (collection) / Resolution
All feedback welcome!

hmmm interesting, putting the 0 there should have fixed that... and make sure its not the entrance instance... its the global pti ents, you may have been sending the parameter to the wrong thing.... when you copy instances then change the vmf... the parameters stick around

Well, the global pti ents seems to be contained within the entrance instance (which is itself odd, as I don't recall that being the case previously - wonder if it's been updated). Seeing as I can't actually check whether what I'm doing works or not without actually re-uploading to the Workshop every time, I'm just gonna let it be.

All feedback welcome!

oh that's strange.... I never use the PTI entrance instances, so I suppose thats why

For reasons I don't know one of my maps got the "custom visuals" tag. By now, I have my twp-ratman drawing in it, but that didn't cause it, it had the tag before already. No idea how that happened.

As far as I know any map edited in Hammer or maybe even just uploaded from p2mappublish.exe gets the Custom Visuals tag.

All feedback welcome!

Oh, that might be true. I had a look earlier and probably didn't look close enough. Just checked again and: Yep, every Hammer-edited map has that tag. Funny: 2 of 3 of those maps also have the Custom Story tag you have.

The disable pti tag needs to be set to 1 to enable the PTI audio.

Yeah, I didn't think that made any sense either. Although I suspect that will get rid of the custom story tag.

And I'm not sure, but I agree with Farmerino that the custom visuals tag comes from editing the map with hammer.

Current Community Contributor status: not a community contributor. Lost it. :(
Page 1 of 2Next