Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Creating a Silhouette

PreviousPage 2 of 2

Draw a map! :D

I've seen this done before; put a light behind the object to cast the shadow and either used the real object, or a shape that simulated the original shape (ie use vertex tool). If they can come around the corner and see this fakery, then place a trigger that removes right before they turn the corner. . . I think there is something called a func_look, etc too, that I believe basically triggers on the moment you look at a spot; real good for making a sequence of actions occur the moment its in your field of vision (or maybe for taking something away the moment its in your field of view). I never really got into it enough to get it all straight in my head. :)

I would use a light_dynamic for this. Have you tried it?

http://www.dpgames.co.uk/

Sanity is not statistical.

Build the shadow on the wall using a TOOLS BLOCKLIGHT texture, in front of a light source (a triggerable light source?)... Dunno if that's what you'd like to do. And so, increase the lightmap of the surface the shadow is being cast.

Wait a minute..
Whoops I think I didn't understand.

Made Logic Portals in early 2008. Making diportals in 2011.
Author of Minecraft mods (MAtmos, Minaptics, NoteSlider) and Garry's Mod addons (Gunstrumental, SharpeYe, GarryWare, DepthHUD).
PreviousPage 2 of 2