Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Companion Cube Question

Hey,

I'm trying to come up with new 'test procedures' that GLaDOS could throw at a user...

but I need to know if there is a way to make the companion cube breakable. I know that some physical properties are stored within the model itself, but im unsure how to edit this.

I've already tried creating a companion cube as a prop_physics_override however setting it's health this way doesn't seem to change anything.

Am I missing something? ^^

"Aperture Science does not take any responsibility to physical harm or injury sustained through 'thinking with portals' outside of the test chambers"

You could make an invisible breakable box and parent it to the cube, so when that box breaks, it kills the companion cube.
Not sure if this would work though.

McNastyJNR wrote:
Hey,

I'm trying to come up with new 'test procedures' that GLaDOS could throw at a user...
but I need to know if there is a way to make the companion cube breakable. I know that some physical properties are stored within the model itself, but im unsure how to edit this.
I've already tried creating a companion cube as a prop_physics_override however setting it's health this way doesn't seem to change anything.
Am I missing something? ^^

You could make a trigger_portal_cleanser in the area you know a player will have the cube when you want to break it, then disable it untill you want to kill the cube, then enable it and diable it again quickly, set the flags to physics objects and not clients (i think that will stop it removing portals) and then the cube will dissolve how you do if you get hit by a combine ball.