Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Change player model

I absolutely HATE it when I look through portals and see myself in the PeTI. I know it's stupid for me to feel this, but that's how it is. But. Is it possible for me to change it so that I play as Chell instead of the creepy silhouette? Preferrably I'd like to be able to switch back and forth. Help is appreciated!

I suppose you can replace the model, pack it in a vpk and overwrite the default one by placing it in a portal2_dlc3 folder. But it's quite a lot of work ;)

The cl_playermodel command or change the player's modelindex. The model must be precached into the game otherwise it will crash! Therefore you will need to edit it in hammer if you want to release your map with the player as chell.

?????????????????????????????TWP Releases | My Workshop
DFTBA wrote:
I absolutely HATE it when I look through portals and see myself in the PeTI. I know it's stupid for me to feel this, but that's how it is. But. Is it possible for me to change it so that I play as Chell instead of the creepy silhouette? Preferrably I'd like to be able to switch back and forth. Help is appreciated!

LOL... Sincerely, I loved that black dummy when I realized about it!! carrying his portalgun!!! Was soooo funny!

ImageImageImageImageImageuseful tools and stuff here on TWP :thumbup:
[spoiler]ImageImageImageImageImage[/spoiler]
chickenmobile wrote:
The cl_playermodel command or change the player's modelindex. The model must be precached into the game otherwise it will crash! Therefore you will need to edit it in hammer if you want to release your map with the player as chell.

You could use prop_dynamic_create in the console to add in the model. There's a global point_servercommand in the instances, with an edited instance VMF it could compile Chell in.

Falsi sumus crusto!
DFTBA wrote:

God, I feel the exact same way. Fuck that shitty model.

I complained about it in IRC and everyone shat on me, but I'm glad I'm not the only one!

I'll admit I honestly don't care to much for the new model either. At first I thought it was pretty funny but after awhile it bothered me. I can deal with it of course but I like playing as a full body person/robot, the flat player model kind of bothers me. Sorry, that's just how I feel about it.

"...those who would break the rules and laws are reguarded as scum, but those who would abandon even one of their friends, are worse than scum." -Obito Uchiha
Youtube Channel My Workshop
My Maps/Projects:

[spoiler]Maps:
RBC 1 RBC 2
Blue Walls
Converting Propulsion
One Week Creation
Secondary Fire
Flings Speed Patience
Ongoing Projects:
Alive & Kicking: Chamber 18 Secondary Fire[/spoiler]

Did anyone notice that some sound effects are different too? Many of them sound more harsh and cartoonish when you play workshop maps. (The most obvious ones are the footsteps, the splash sounds when you walk in a shallow pool of water and, to some extent, the portal open/close sounds.)

Frankly this bothers me more than the infograph guy.

Sendificate series: Sendificate | A Beam Too Far | Airtime | 302
Other Portal 2 maps: Medusa Glare
Portal 1 maps: Try Anything Twice | Manic Mechanic

OP here. I put a similar thread in the official Portal 2 forum. Someone brought up a dev console command along the lines of "sv_use_bendy_model 0". Apparently the creepy man is named Bendy. But I can't get the command to actually do its job. Anyone want to do a "find bendy", then try different ways to run it? Maybe activate sv_cheats. Maybe use the command before you run the map. Whatever you want. Report back if it works.