Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Can't download tests.

Alright, so my first post.

So, i registered on this forum to request a bit of help. My problem is this.

Ever since the puzzle maker DLC was released, i have been unable to play any of the maps. While downloading they froze, and after freezing said "An error occured while downloading this map!" This happens with nearly every single map. Sometimes the download manages to fully complete, but that happens very rarely, and it's very frustrating and upsetting.

First, the solution that the Steam forum gave was to wait as the servers are probably overloaded due to thousands of people posting their tests. Alright, so i waited. I waited days. Then weeks. And now months. Up to today, i can't. Play. The. Maps. I already registered onto the Steam forums, they couldn't really help. I searched on google, nothing helped. There was no answer.

So yeah, i guess i'm turning over to this forum now. Can somebody please help me with my dilemma? I was very excited to play the DLC and i just can't for some reason. I already tried veryfying the game cache twice, just so you know, so that won't help.

I've had the same problem some times. I asume in my case it was due to poor internet connection with Steam server since I have limitted traffic and after exceeding day limit the speed drops down to 64 kb/s. With this I even can't launch Steam if it was off. Also it's known that some applications (antyviruses, firewalls and so on) may block connection to server. Valve has a list of them somewhere on Steam. So for some reason I can't upload anything to the workshop.
Well, I'm afraid I'm not very helpful here but at least you can check these.

God bless the quick save's inventor...(Portal: Prelude)

Well unluckily, nothing what you proposed worked. I'm sure i have a decent connection, i don't have any antiviruses turned on, nor firewall. So, my problem still stands..

I would just reinstall Portal 2 if verifying your cache doesn't solve the problem tbh.

Alright, i know that this will sound stupid, but well, how do you reinstall the game? Is it safe to right click on the game and click "Delete Local Content"? I'm afraid that if i'll do that, i will need to buy the game again.

EDIT: Ignore this post, went through couple websites, seems it's safe, the game is installing now.

Maximus123458 wrote:
Alright, i know that this will sound stupid, but well, how do you reinstall the game? Is it safe to right click on the game and click "Delete Local Content"? I'm afraid that if i'll do that, i will need to buy the game again.

EDIT: Ignore this post, went through couple websites, seems it's safe, the game is installing now.

Yeah, the game is permanently tied to your Steam account, you can delete the content and redownload it as many times as you wish.

Aaand it doesn't work. Downloads still freezes then says an error has occured -_-

Though if that will be any help, when the download freezes, the console says "C_GameInstructor::ReadSaveData failed to read GI.lesson.Swap_Split_Screen_Control" If that won't give any clue on what to do, well, i give up. ;_;

If everything fails, maybe you should contact Vavlve support: https://support.steampowered.com/newticket.php