Please or Register to create posts and topics.

BEE2 Styles review request?

Basically, I'd like to solicit critique of the various BEE2 items and styles, particularly my own and the original ones (1950s-80s, Clean, P1, Art, Overgrown, Refurbished). Ignoring stuff that pretty much can't be fixed (the 128 grid, anachronistic test elements in Old Aperture, heavy logic entity use, lack of optimisation) it would be wonderful if some people were able to review some of the instances or full maps, and suggest improvements. Each room or item has been used in many maps, so the higher the quality, detail and bug-free the better.

With the entry/exit corridors they are basically full Hammer maps, with all the customisability that provides so feel free to bash any bugs :lol:. Most of the corridors howeved have a rather small space set aside for them to fit in, so I can't make them much bigger. In some cases the walls or ceiling are about 4 units thick! The entry/exit elevators (or test spheres) have effectively infinite space (the entire left half of the map area), so they can be expanded very easily. We don't usually have much room to change most other items without making it not compatible with other styles or maps, so they are very restricted most of the time.

My stuff:
[spoiler]- BEE2 Addons | (BEE2)
- Hammer Addons
Maps:
- Crushed Gel
- Gel is Not Always Helpful[/spoiler]

(These aren't your items, they're Mevious's, but I don't really want to clutter the main thread with my pointless ranting)
super secret and fun spoiler

Spoiler
Sorry, only logged-in users can see spoilers.

Edit: Your items!

For you :)

Spoiler
Sorry, only logged-in users can see spoilers.

Thanks for the review! Fortunately I will be fixing most of this with the new BEE2. Since I have to convert all the items to the new item format, I'll be taking the oppertunity to fix this stuff. I've already made a pellet deflector model. I'll make the laser music item global. I can now make custom fizzler items, so I'll be converting the Rexaura stuff to that (along with removing the duplicates).

The new BEE2 has functionality to make configuration options to basically customise the function of styles. I'll remove the rexaura dropper, and make it a style-wide property that applies to all cubes and droppers. A bunch of other stuff is included here, so there won't be more than one version of any style.

My stuff:
[spoiler]- BEE2 Addons | (BEE2)
- Hammer Addons
Maps:
- Crushed Gel
- Gel is Not Always Helpful[/spoiler]