Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumCommunity Boards: Hammer and Moddingbackups
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

backups

Page 1 of 3Next

I've been working on a puzzle with the reconstructing/destroyed theme which i just lost because i didn't make any backups.
for some reason, hammer crashed while i tried to save my map, and for some reason that erased everything in my map so its gone i guess. :notwant:

So that's kinda why backups are important :b

but i just needed to ask you if you know where hammer stores its autosave files! i might be able to find an earlier version of my map :)

C:HammerAutosave

At least mine are in there.

Uhm..

My autosaves are on a folder called HammerAutosaves on my C drive location. Alternatively, you can try opening your vmx file of the map, that is the most recent backup of the map. I've had to do this as well while creating one of my maps, and hammer crashed while saving.

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Camben24
Aperture Science: We do our science asbestos we can!

I do my mapping in notepad.

PortalStories.com
"Oh, in case you got covered in that repulsion gel, here's some advice the lab boys gave me: DO NOT get covered in the repulsion gel."
iWork925 wrote:

much more better in notepad++

Lpfreaky90 wrote:
iWork925 wrote:

No I meant like a physical notepad, you know with like a pen.

PortalStories.com
"Oh, in case you got covered in that repulsion gel, here's some advice the lab boys gave me: DO NOT get covered in the repulsion gel."
iWork925 wrote:
Lpfreaky90 wrote:
iWork925 wrote:

:lol:

Since the answer has been answered, Let me just put that you should build up a habit of Ctrl+S-ing every I dunno,30 seconds.

:A Little Higher: :Tornate: :Blue Portals: :Vectronic: :Youtube: :Twitter: : ModDB: :Old Sig:

The more you give, the less appreciated it will be received.
reepblue wrote:
iWork925 wrote:

:lol:

Since the answer has been answered, Let me just put that you should build up a habit of Ctrl+S-ing every I dunno,30 seconds.

I do indeed :D PLUS every every time before going to my texture browser! ;)

ImageImageImageImageImageuseful tools and stuff here on TWP :thumbup:
[spoiler]ImageImageImageImageImage[/spoiler]
josepezdj wrote:
I do indeed :D PLUS every every time before going to my texture browser! ;)

You can limit crashing in the texture browsing by slowing sown the scrolling. Still sucks that it does that, Not sure if its the majority of textures being 1024x1024 causing of it.

:A Little Higher: :Tornate: :Blue Portals: :Vectronic: :Youtube: :Twitter: : ModDB: :Old Sig:

The more you give, the less appreciated it will be received.

This happens to me rarely with the texture browser ^^

But, i HATE the Bug with the Flags. Every *** time it crashes when i click on it . _. ^^

Page 1 of 3Next