Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Anyone think Valve might make the editor easier to mod?

PreviousPage 2 of 2
BenVlodgi wrote:
Hey, so I've actually asked the guys who created the PTI, about these limitations. While they did not intend to limit what modders could do with it. They just wanted to make a PTI that worked well for the average user. They figured, if people want to mod the PTI themselves, that's fine (and cool!) but they were not going to go out of their way to make features on an editor that is only supposed to be used for proofing simple puzzle ideas.
There was no reason for them to spend weeks implementing features that would allow modders to make the PTI more like a real level designer, when the already have a (sortof) robust one out there already. If you want to use the PTI, go ahead, have fun with some of the mods, but if you want to get into real level design, use hammer, and never touch the PTI again.
Also, if I didn't mention, Valve isn't going to be adding more modding support to the PTI... I asked them about this about 18 months ago til about 12 months ago if they could add features, but the same vibe came back every-time.

Oh okay, thanks for asking. It's a shame though.
EDIT: Could you possibly ask them how the puzzlemaker_load_dev command works?

PreviousPage 2 of 2