Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Any chance anybody could make me a clean portal gun?

All I would like is a viewmodel of a clean portal gun, the one from gamebanana does not work, and I am a noob when it comes to stuff like skinning, so if anyone would go ahead and make a version of the portal gun without the bumps and grime, it would be great. Preferrably have the multiplayer versions too. Thanks.

If those textures don't work for you, I doubt that any new custom texture would, because I think that you still don't know how you could make them to work.

Since there's a great tutorial already written by Sicklebrick, I'd suggest you to follow it up. Check here

There's still another option; you can mess up with your .vpk file editting it and changing the path where it looks for the portalgun textures. That explain here

If you prefer to use the coop portalgun textures, you must know that both are available into a special packed file called pak01_dir.vpk located into your folder portal 2/portal2/. These special .vpk files can be opened to access their content with GCFScape. Once you download it and install it, you can open this kind of files and you'll see a tree structure of folders. I'm not at my computer at the moment, so I can't tell you exactly their location inside those folders... they must be under the materials folder. The single player portalgun textures are locateed into the folder materials/models/weapons/v_models/v_portalgun (here it's the first person gun you see when you're playing) and materials/models/weapons/w_models (this is the model of that little gun that you see when you are watching yourself through portals)

I hope that helps!

ImageImageImageImageImageuseful tools and stuff here on TWP :thumbup:
[spoiler]ImageImageImageImageImage[/spoiler]

Thanks a lot, that really helped and it works now. I actually made my own skin after looking at that first tutorial.

:thumbup: Would you show us a picture of that custom gun? :D

Sure, in game or the texture?

In game! :D

Here it is:

I've changed my viewmodel position with the console commands so it's a bit different, but I like it.
The only problem is that the normal maps still make it look like it's dirty, and I can't seem to find how to edit that.

Looks nice! How did you change the viewmodel and viewmodel position? I haven't found any way to do that.

Falsi sumus crusto!
Code: Select all
viewmodel_offset_y #

I use 10, but it shows the textureless part of the model when I circle jump/ turn quickly. You can use other values to left handed or hold it above your head as well.

Big Mood