Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Angled floor in puzzle creator?

Is it possible to create an angled floor (like a portalable ramp) in the new puzzle creator?

I realize you can place angled panels and connect them to something. I like the floor better as it disguises the solution to the puzzle.

Thanks.

Not possible within the puzzle creator.

The only thing you could try to do is have the ramps on the floor and make sure they aren't activated on map spawn. You cannot make real ramps in the editor though.

You could use a hard light bridge and an angled panel to get a somewhat normal ramp though =)

if you really want a long ramp the best thing you could do is put one panel group set into the floor, then extrude the floor in front of it a block up and put another panel group in there. Next have them disabled on spawn and when they enable, you'll have your (albeit with a raised area in the room) raise/lower configurable double length ramp.

My Maps:
[spoiler][SP] Alternate[/spoiler]

I might experiment with that.

The biggest problem is the panels we have access to in the puzzle creator create a gap between themselves and the adjacent floor/panel/wall.

The only way I figured out to do it was this:
http://tinypic.com/r/2uyrg9j/6
Just set them to "start deployed" or tie them to a trigger object if it's a part of a puzzle.