Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Achievements

Page 1 of 2Next

Is there a way to add custon achievements intoy your map? does anybody know?
This would be helpfull for people making more than one map in a set I guess, like myself.

Thanks,
Youme

I would also like to express my interest in this query.

Companion Cube Chronicles WIP:
Story: 22.22222% Design: 33.33333%
Levels: 4.44444% Cake: 0.00000%
Voices: 0.0^3% in base 4
New models & Textures: ((e^28/pi*7)/0 - 42)%
Grief counseling: 111.11111%

i just hope the answer isnt to create a mod of portal, once the sdk comes out that is. because that would just be overkill

I doubt it. Unless, i'm afraid, you make a mod.

Achievments aren't set to a map, they're are set to the whole game. So if you did something such as"Kill 5 turrets with one set of Portals" - You would have to applicate this to working on not only your own map, but the rest of the maps. Therefore I believe it's not possible until the SDK comes out.

Sorry. :D

Life is like a pipe, it's hard to get through and you're not always guaranteed a happy ending.

Makes sense

Shame. oh well. I'll just have to make a full blown mod

=D

I'm not even sure we'll be able to do this even if we create a mod, since the Achievements thing is tied into Steam Community.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

Ak, hadn't even thought about that. we'll just have to wait and see

I was thinking about this the other day as well.
We may have to wait for the SDK to come out then we MIGHT be able to make them, but they will not show up on our profiles.

Might be possible to make some cheat-achievements, with scripts and global variables, ending in a text message (or even audio, or something that happens in-game) indicating the achievement unlockage.

Page 1 of 2Next