Please or Register to create posts and topics.

2 switches, 1 target - Bug?

In my latest map, I ran into an interesting little bug. It doesn't hurt the game-play, and it even made me realize that I could remove another connection, but it isn't working the way the game says it does.

"Connect 2 buttons to one item: This requires them all to be activated"

I connected a regular Super-Button and a Pedestal Button to a flippy-panel in the roof, and it opens when ONLY the Super-Button is pushed. One checkmark lights up, but it still opens. I then push the other button, which lights up the second checkmark, and nothing happens, it's still open. But as soon as the cube is removed from the Super-Button, the panel flips back over.

It's THIS MAP,

Spoiler
Sorry, only logged-in users can see spoilers.

That is a known bug in the flip panel. The other elements have a "connection count" variable that is set to the number of incoming connections. The flip panel expects to receive such a variable, but it is not set by the editor. (Fixing it in editoritems.txt doesn't help for some reason.)

If you want the originally intended behaviour, you can always stick an AND gate in front of it. (Requires some hacking.)

I'm going to play that map by the way, it looks interesting!

Sendificate series: Sendificate | A Beam Too Far | Airtime | 302
Other Portal 2 maps: Medusa Glare
Portal 1 maps: Try Anything Twice | Manic Mechanic

Valve is aware of this and I think the next update will (or at least it should) have a fix for this).

That map was really my quickest, in terms of actual development time. I still have to make a few tweaks to make the game not broken if you drop the box before you go up, or back down after you've gotten up once.

EDIT: And I'm totally going to put your addons into the editor, that's amazing!