Please or Register to create posts and topics.

The Lost Tests | Official TWP thread

Page 1 of 2Next

Hello everyone! You may or may not have noticed how I haven't posted much lately, and that is because I've been working on The Lost Tests, my Portal 2 mod. It will have a whole new story, building off some characters of portal 2 and adding some new ones. It will have a giant story with voice acting and new environments. There is a whole lot of maps that are done, but at the same time there are so many more that need to be created. Remember that this is really early, so there is still a LOT of work to get done.

This thread will keep everyone updated on the progress, and provide opportunities for participation. Our current crew is:

Arachnapob - Director, Story, Mapper, Musical Composer
Imagineertwins - Director, Story, Mapper
Person who I dare not say their current steam name - Story, Thompson voice actor
Portal Master - Puzzle creator
Dr. Toaster Waffles - Puzzle submitter (1)
TheTobbell - Mapper

Currently we are looking for:
Modelers
Hexers
Voice actors (Preferably GLaDOS and Cave Johnson)
Puzzle Creators
Mappers
Someone to make it into a sourcemod (Because I'm an idiot with that stuff)
EDIT: Scripters. I don't know when we actually would need them, but given what we're doing, it will definitely be needed somewhere.
Send me a PM or post below if you are interested.

Finally, have a trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waIpyD4vmHo&feature=youtu.be

EDIT: If you want to listen, here is the main theme:
https://soundcloud.com/arachnaphob/the-lost-tests

When life gives you lemons, make apple juice and have everyone wonder how you did it.
Musical website Moddb

Hmm, it seems to work out well. I might've applied as a hexer, but each time I hex a model, it loses all it's collisions.

Mod looks pretty interesting; although some of the mapping seems lower quality than other mapping.
All in all I look forward to seeing this :)
Unfortunately because I'm still working on other projects I won't be able to help with any mapping :(
If you ever need play testers, feel free to hit me up! ^_^

Good luck with this project!

I can script and hex, and voice-act a bit (although I am by no means a professional).

Falsi sumus crusto!

I agree with LP that several of the maps don't look quite there yet, like some of the BTS areas- however other parts looked really great. It is an early mod, and I'm excited to see these environments a bit cleaned up.

Also, I would be happy to submit some more puzzles if I come up with any (however I am working on a project right now so not at the moment). The mod looks really good though other than those things. :thumbup:

Thanks everyone for contributing!
@yishbarr: Thanks. It's fine if it looses collisions. Since what we currently need is a personality core, we could just parent a playerclip sphere around it.

@LP: Most of the maps are low quality because it's just a rough draft. This trailer was just so you could get an idea of what we're doing. They will be greatly improved. Of course, it's never too soon to play test, so just PM me if you want some maps.

@FelixGriffin: Thanks! Currently we have no need for scripting, but we probably will later on. I know you're smart with that stuff. With hexing, same as yishbarr, all we need is a personality core re-skinned. There may be other things along the way. For voice acting, we still need a kid, a dad, possibly a mom, GLaDOS, and Cave.

@DrToasterWaffles: Same as LP, this is just a rough draft. We do desperately need puzzles, though! Your map is about half way done with the puzzle, by the way. I'll get that to you as soon as it's done.

Thanks everyone!

When life gives you lemons, make apple juice and have everyone wonder how you did it.
Musical website Moddb

We now have a ModDB page!

Musical website Moddb

Soundtrack update!

http://youtu.be/-YrUxPmT8Wk

Musical website Moddb

Some parts of the song are reminding me of the "the lost tests" trailer/ingame music. :D

That's because the trailer music was based off of this.

Musical website Moddb
Page 1 of 2Next