Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Removing Blue dots

Page 1 of 2Next

How i can remove these blue dots that's are created when you connect something to soemthing else like :
DOOR ....................................................button
i have managed to delete them one time yesterday but have no idea how i did this, i addded stairs and them the blue dots returned.... i use the BEE MOD

Why posting 3 times the same new topic?? Some please erase the other 2...

Supermarioportal2, I guess you're mapping with the puzzle creator, well I think it automatically siganalizes the connections between a button and the entity it activates/deactivates. this is helpful for the player, so, why would you need to remove that? would you like to use square-shaped symbols instead?

ImageImageImageImageImageuseful tools and stuff here on TWP :thumbup:
[spoiler]ImageImageImageImageImage[/spoiler]
josepezdj wrote:
Why posting 3 times the same new topic?? Some please erase the other 2...

Supermarioportal2, I guess you're mapping with the puzzle creator, well I think it automatically siganalizes the connections between a button and the entity it activates/deactivates. this is helpful for the player, so, why would you need to remove that? would you like to use square-shaped symbols instead?

i accidetally presed the sumbit button 3 times, also i'm using triggers so how to say... in my map walls are destroyed something like so when you come near it it fixes, and it looks stupid with these blue dots

Unfortunately, currently there is no way to really do this in the PetI editor. There are rumours that Valve will add more options for this later.

What makes antlines dissapear? Well, when there are a lot of connections, the appereance of them becomes quite glitchy. This can be really frustrating if you want certain antlines to appear.

However, if you can settle for symbols, you could make a seperate area that the player can't access, and have a lazer + receiver (or relay) there, and your trigger (button or whatever) activates the lazer, which hits the receiver, which activates the thing you want to activate.

*edit*
Oh, now I saw the Beemod. Well, I'm not sure if the Beemod works like the PetI editor in that respect, but you could still try the above out.

Am I the only one who wishes the squares were 128x128 decals, and not tiny nearly invisible overlays?

Anyway, just surround the trigger with light strips, or surround the door with light strips.

Actually, it might be nice if someone added an object inheriting frim the lightstrip class which is just a blank instance. Placing it would redirect lightstrips invisibly.

Falsi sumus crusto!

You could just delete the light strip and light from the BEEmod warm light strip, and just make your normal light strips warm if you really want warm light.

Honestly. If you don't understand how something like editoritems.txt or instancing works, don't try to just beat it apart. Don't ever edit stock instances. Make a copy. And editing the warm light like that would lead to horrendous optimization problems from the big holes you left in the walls.

Falsi sumus crusto!

There are no holes in the walls from removing light strips. Its just a prop and a portal bumper...

...But the prop needs to fit somewhere, it isn't perfectly flat. It has a little bit of depth.

Falsi sumus crusto!
Page 1 of 2Next