Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Map Developement Group

Page 1 of 4Next

Maybe this is lame, but I feel it'd be kind of cool to get a little thread going on here, where some of us that are smarter with the puzzle ideas, but doesn't have the time to make them, themselves, can post images or just conceptual ideas that those of us with no lives can work on.

I dont know, I feel like if we work together, we can make some really awesome work.

Is that a dumb idea?

nope, i think it'd be great. i've been working on a map, and the hardest thing has been coming up with good puzzles. having people who have no interest or ability to map share their ideas would be awesome.

Yeah, that'd be awesome.

Baconfeet :: Any original content was a mistake.

very good idea ;)

I would like to see a MEGA level like 18 where you have to jump down and come up and keep bouncing up and down between the platforms (this: http://faservers.net/aikar/portal18.avi )

Except on a MUCH larger and complex scale.

I think this is a great idea, im a novice game designer and programmer. I have good technical skills and understand good game design skills, but when it comes to designing the puzzle levels im SOL. Actually looking for someone to do puzzle design for my single player mod.

Portal: Quest for Cake: 5%
[img]www31.brinkster.com/taob1/Signiture2.bmp[/img]

Since the release of Portal I have been anxiously anticipating the release of any and all of the custom bonus maps. If I were to choose one action I loved most about Portal, it would certainly be flinging. Thus I think the more flinging, the better. I've attached a few artistically void renditions of maps that would be incredibly entertaining.

Aikar wrote:
I would like to see a MEGA level like 18 where you have to jump down and come up and keep bouncing up and down between the platforms (this: http://faservers.net/aikar/portal18.avi )

Except on a MUCH larger and complex scale.

will think abouth that ;)

Pandar, mind if I use some of your ideas in Portal: The Quest for Cake? How would you like to design some levels? Spit out more pictures I like. :P

Portal: Quest for Cake: 5%
[img]www31.brinkster.com/taob1/Signiture2.bmp[/img]

Pandar, FLING TRICK TWO its awesom !!! :D

Page 1 of 4Next