Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Lesser known challenging maps?

Page 1 of 3Next

Hey Portal 2 community. I recently discovered the great maps available in the steam workshop for portal, and have played through around 40 of the top rated single player and coop maps. The challenge of the puzzles begins to decrease dramatically unfortunately.

Are there any lesser known Portal 2 puzzles that offer good challenges?
My favorite maps creators I have played so far have been Mevious, Mr. Late, and Zivi7, more like these world be awesome!

Sry for Post ^^

Goose, Gig and Azorae are all great puzzlemakers. I suggest having a look at their stuff.

Also, browsing through the Downloads category here at TWP should yield some good results.

ImageImage

The three that srs bsnss mentioned are some of my favorites too. There are tons of other great authors to check out. There's a big variety of authors here, so you might like some and not others.
srs bsnss himself.
Juggler
camerson1313 has a shit ton.
AD_79 (link might change because he uses a dumb id)
Near and Lawliet, the Death Note duo
ColorCubeMan
BEN 77
Lpfreaky90
Motanum
toncica
Barbos
Jotta

If you're looking for an extra challenge, try these authors. They are usually too pro for me to figure out.
josepezdj
chander
marKiu

People often complain that the workshop is full of crappy maps, but those people simply don't know how to find the good ones. "How do you do it" you ask, well you already have a big list of authors, and many of those authors have favorites. Play the favorites. Let others (people whose opinions you trust) discover great maps for you! For example, you mentioned liking my maps, if you look at my favorites page you'll see probably at least one map from every author I mentioned above. Many of those authors have their own favorites list (be wary of those who favorite their own maps), which you can follow and so on. You won't run out anytime soon.

Greykarel has some challenging maps. Also HMW.

yishbarr wrote:
Greykarel has some challenging maps. Also HMW.

Damn! you anticipated it! :D

I was about to, thank Mev in first place for mentioning me, but I honestly doesn't deserve to be mentioned right there beside Chander and Marc, ... Grey does instead :notworthy:

I wanted secondly to deeply recommend Grey's maps. I admire him since the very beginning I tested out a map made by him. One of my favourite maps of all times is Hard Light... I enjoyed like hell solving that monster! You will discover soon that he has the impressive ability to make so clever and so twisted maps into a fuc***n' reduced space! >.< he's simply impressive, and ALL of his maps.

Chander and Markiu are my favourites too for long time :D altogether with HWM, Mevious, and recently Toncica.

link_36p wrote:
Hey Portal 2 community. I recently discovered the great maps available in the steam workshop for portal, and have played through around 40 of the top rated single player and coop maps. The challenge of the puzzles begins to decrease dramatically unfortunately.

Lol, don't play the top most rated :D Follow Mevious' advise and check out for the favourites of ppl whose opinon you respect. :thumbup:

ImageImageImageImageImageuseful tools and stuff here on TWP :thumbup:
[spoiler]ImageImageImageImageImage[/spoiler]

How I wish original Portal maps were in Portal 2. (Especially manic mechanic, TA2, lost chamber zero and afterburn).

Wow thanks guys! Exactly what I was looking for, should keep me busy for awhile ^_^. Never considered Mevious's idea of looking at favorites.

It just sickens me that these authors never took off in popularity because the workshop promotes 99% crap. :notwant:

Collections:
My favorite single player maps (includes 19 single player collection "campaigns")

Single Player Authors
My Picks:
Mevious
BEN 77
Lawliet <--Mevious recommendation to me
TuRboz <--Mevious recommendation to me
Azorae
Near
Gig
Jotta
uXcCobbs
srs bsnss
ColorCubeMan
LoneWolf2056
tmast98
Demon Arisen
Goose
Cobra

Potential (honorable mentions):
camerson1313
Mathey2009
Toothless2603
Reep?lue
Fluppy
Lpfreaky90
LuckyRJ
13aboon
RectorRocks
AD_79 <--New link because Mevious's link doesn't work.
smfinch10
olshi
eMbAh
MysteryBattle
UFS FrostGiant

People with five maps or fewer :snooze::
AmnDragon
Dr. Toaster Waffles
Kevin
Mr. P. Kiwi <-- Had two more good ones but got rid of them...
laakkone
Tesselode
Firefox
Mr. Crowley
KodenejmBerni
Layne

If you really want a challenge:
cyhborg
toncica
josepezdj
chander
marKiu
YUKI_67
Piranha.A
Donderbus
greykarel
Prototype
Polux

If they made the Portal 2 Level Creation Group:
http://www.steamcommunity.com/groups/P2LC#members

This list is growing periodically.

Click my Steam Profile image to view my Portal 2 Workshop!

Single Player Tests - Excellent Partnership (Coop) - Single Player BEE Mod Tests

I've played this map a while ago already, but unfortunately, it never got noticed on the front page.
You might not believe me, but this map is one of the most fun maps with lasers. Once you play it, you'll understand.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =210514602
This is a must play.

Page 1 of 3Next