Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Brand new portal 2 preview! 8+ mins!

Page 1 of 2Next

A very extensive preview of everything you need to know about portal.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzUiZ5tspS8

Isn't there a rule on this forum about posting personal links or something?

Portal 1.5 http://www.moddb.com/mods/portal-15

Well, aside from that subject. At one point in the video he mentions updates to source such as FLOWING WATER!!! W000000000000!!!

I hate hanging with angry people. Why live life if your not having fun ALL the time? =)
O o
/?/___________________________________
| BBBLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRGGGG!!!
\_\???????????????????????????????????
_|_
Whysopro? wrote:
Well, aside from that subject. At one point in the video he mentions updates to source such as FLOWING WATER!!! W000000000000!!!

He's either referring to:

a) the Gels
b) the flowing water texture

For more info on B, see This document

Hear the turret, for it is knell. It summons thee to heaven, or to hell.
p0rtalplayer wrote:
For more info on B, see This document

Oh wow, I'd never read that before--that's actually really innovative. It would be nice if there was an easier way to build flow maps though (I don't really have much information about Houdini).

Now with 100% more inline comments!

Yeah my mind was pretty much blown there. Not as much as watching Avatar, or seeing Natal in action, but you know what I mean.

I hate hanging with angry people. Why live life if your not having fun ALL the time? =)
O o
_|_
Whysopro? wrote:
Yeah my mind was pretty much blown there. Not as much as watching Avatar, or seeing Natal in action, but you know what I mean.

Pffft, Avatar? Whatever. I didn't even see it, but I still don't get what was so incredible about it (yes I can see a contradiction there but I don't care).

Still think the water presentation's cooler.

Ooohhkayy let's not get going on a retarded subject. :roll: I just gave an example.

Anyways the new water stuff was extremely WOW and I can't wait 'till we can get our hands on a simpler method.

O o
_|_

EDIT: Problem solved.
The link to that pdf appears to be broken. (Or the PDF is corrupted). Mirror?

hanging_rope wrote:
The link to that pdf appears to be broken. (Or the PDF is corrupted). Mirror?

Neither broken nor corrupted for me. I'd host it for a bit if it's legal--is it, given that it's their publication and they've linked to it on their site?

Page 1 of 2Next