Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Attn. TWP-ers! TWP in-game Advertising wanted!

Page 1 of 13Next

Well done to everyone that has made something for us! Here is where you can download the advertisements to put in game:
TWP Advertisements

Hands down PixelFace has completely impressed us. Well done ;)

-------------------------------------

ThinkingWithPortals is looking (for someone) to create some sort of custom content to advertise us!

It has been brought to our attention that not enough people know about all the custom maps hosted here and having a custom animation / texture / model / sound for the: elevator screens / lightboards / interactive object / music motto is a great way for people to visit this site.

What do I get for doing this you may ask?

TWP will feature your creation on the site and you will gain a very nice advantage such as 1000's of potential people to see it.

Whoever submits an entree which we deem the winner by the 28th of this month will gain this honour (and perhaps something extra to give away for your efforts).

What your creation should have:

- What it is, is entirely up to you. But do be reminded that this is meant to advertise us, not anything else.
- It should be typically aperture-styled.
- It should be something general which people can just place or use inside their map. (such as a lightboard texture, an elevator animation etc.)
- The site name: thinkingwithportals.com should be absolutely noticeable when looking at your object
- If you are making an animation: try to make a vertical and horizontal version of it at 600x400 and 480x640. This however is not entirely necessary if it is going to be too much work. If that is the case you can just make either of the two sized animations.
- And lastly, your name or perhaps an avatar-logo included somewhere in it that credits yourself. You want people to know you made it afterall ;)

Submit your entree through an attachment in a pm to us moderators or within this thread.

Good luck everyone!

?????????????????????????????TWP Releases | My Workshop

So what exactly do you submit? I realize it's custom content, but you want it in like an instance?

chickenmobile wrote:
The site name: thinkingwithportals.com should be absolutely noticeable when looking at your object

Would TWP also be suitable? Having the full title on an object maybe a little hard to read and kind of distracting (of course that would depend on the object). Also, would the website name (or abbreviation) appear in-game with the object?
I don't know, having thinkingwithportals on an object seems a little strange, but that's just me.

Crazy is as crazy does.
My Work
[spoiler]Maps:
Revenge of the Angry Turrets
Capture the Cube [Co-op]
Capture the Cube 2 [Co-op]
TPWEGTH Sample Map
Aperture Aquatic Testing Center
Aperture Aquatic Testing Center 2
Aperture Time Testing Center
ML's Halloween Trick - 1000 downloads!
ML's Halloween Treat
ML's Combination - 1000 downloads!
ML's Jailbreak Labyrinth
ML's Tricky Teamwork [Co-op]
WIP:
"Capture the Cube 3"
Workshop Maps Link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198008890579/myworkshopfiles/[/spoiler]
MasterLagger wrote:
So what exactly do you submit? I realize it's custom content, but you want it in like an instance?

chickenmobile wrote:
The site name: thinkingwithportals.com should be absolutely noticeable when looking at your object

Would TWP also be suitable? Having the full title on an object maybe a little hard to read and kind of distracting (of course that would depend on the object). Also, would the website name (or abbreviation) appear in-game with the object?
I don't know, having thinkingwithportals on an object seems a little strange, but that's just me.

Anything really:
* A custom elevator movie
* A custom lightboard
* A model
* A texture

It should really have https://www.thinking.withportals.com on it because it's mend to be some advertising for this website. saying visit twp.com lets people end up on a website from The Washington Post. And practically all twp.* websites are taken so that's not an option either.

Hmm, I have VTFEdit and I'm trying to think of what I could do for a texture (possibly an overlay). Would it be alright if I used the thinkingwithportals logo at the top of the page?

Crazy is as crazy does.
My Work
[spoiler]Maps:
Revenge of the Angry Turrets
Capture the Cube [Co-op]
Capture the Cube 2 [Co-op]
TPWEGTH Sample Map
Aperture Aquatic Testing Center
Aperture Aquatic Testing Center 2
Aperture Time Testing Center
ML's Halloween Trick - 1000 downloads!
ML's Halloween Treat
ML's Combination - 1000 downloads!
ML's Jailbreak Labyrinth
ML's Tricky Teamwork [Co-op]
WIP:
"Capture the Cube 3"
Workshop Maps Link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198008890579/myworkshopfiles/[/spoiler]

Generally all you need to do is give us the custom element and we can add it in an instance for people who would like to advertise us for them.

The lack of effort PTI players have to download custom maps... (especially coop)

Can it involve scripting or replacing VPK stuff with a new DLC, such as editing the Companion Cube?

Falsi sumus crusto!

But i dont know how to model

how will i ever enter this

oh wait, i can use propper

FelixGriffin wrote:
Can it involve scripting or replacing VPK stuff with a new DLC, such as editing the Companion Cube?

Go ahead, as long as it isn't too complex to implement in single map releases.

EDIT @ AnotherBadPun It doesn't need to be a model. Choose what you are best at and do it.

EDIT2: Woah wait a sec? Editing vpk's. That doesn't sound user friendly.. :S

Another Bad Pun wrote:
But i dont know how to model

how will i ever enter this

oh wait, i can use propper

You can also design a texture or elevator movie :)
The only requirement is that it should advertise https://www.thinking.withportals.com and that it should be able to be packed into a .bsp file.

Offtopic

Spoiler
Sorry, only logged-in users can see spoilers.

ImageImageImageImageImageuseful tools and stuff here on TWP :thumbup:
[spoiler]ImageImageImageImageImage[/spoiler]
Page 1 of 13Next