Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Anyone know of any good "Behind the scenes" maps?

Page 1 of 2Next

My favorite parts of Portal 2 have been the Behind the Scenes sections, does anyone know any custom map packs that go outside the designated testing area a lot?

The Lone Future Starter series has quite a bit of BTS stuff, that and the Cosmogony map pack.

My stuff:
[spoiler]- BEE2 Addons | (BEE2)
- Hammer Addons
Maps:
- Crushed Gel
- Gel is Not Always Helpful[/spoiler]
TeamSpen210 wrote:
The Lone Future Starter series has quite a bit of BTS stuff, that and the Cosmogony map pack.

Also, do you know of any BEE2 addons that make it easier to make Behind the scenes levels?

I think the FGEMOD catwalks and vactubes are among the BEE2's items.

Falsi sumus crusto!
FelixGriffin wrote:

I think those are in BEE2, but the tubes don't show up, the entrences do but not the other ones. And the catwalks can't be placed in the air.

Getlucky12341 wrote:
FelixGriffin wrote:

The tubes don't show up, the entrences do but not the other ones. And the catwalks can't be placed in the air.

Getlucky12341 wrote:
TeamSpen210 wrote:

Also, do you know of any BEE2 addons that make it easier to make Behind the scenes levels?

*goes standing in a corner to cry*

Bts is generally more than a bunch of repeating instances.
It's carefully crafted to fit with the level. crafted so it does what you want it to do.
Look at portal 2, the breakout sequence, how glados opens a room for you, or how you go through a factory. Every bit of bts is completely different. Wanting to do that in pti is almost an insult ;)

If you wanna make some awesome bts levels, learn hammer, it's not as hard as it looks at first and you can do a hell of a lot awesomeness with it!

I made a tutorial on the basics of creating BTS a while ago. I'll have more styles in the future.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=imAtUnSLXnw

When life gives you lemons, make apple juice and have everyone wonder how you did it.
Musical website Moddb

I know I can't make a full BTS level in the puzzle creator, I kinda just meant going from one observation room to another. I had an idea for a co-op map where one robot is in the observation room and can portal in things like light bridges and funnels to the other robot.

Try playing my contest map from a couple years ago

Getting Back on a Track 1.1 (Updated)

Also, I made a map just for you! Sunset
Click Here to view my Workshop and play my puzzlemaker maps
Page 1 of 2Next