Please or Register to create posts and topics.

About Collections...

Page 1 of 2Next

So I've been thinking about collections and what possible uses they could have (besides grouping published maps together). And then I thought of something, would it be possible to add a "hidden" published map to the collection? Since the public can't see hidden maps, I would assume they wouldn't notice it and get like a little bonus level with the collection. I'll experiment with this later, but what do you all think?

Crazy is as crazy does.
My Work
[spoiler]Maps:
Revenge of the Angry Turrets
Capture the Cube [Co-op]
Capture the Cube 2 [Co-op]
TPWEGTH Sample Map
Aperture Aquatic Testing Center
Aperture Aquatic Testing Center 2
Aperture Time Testing Center
ML's Halloween Trick - 1000 downloads!
ML's Halloween Treat
ML's Combination - 1000 downloads!
ML's Jailbreak Labyrinth
ML's Tricky Teamwork [Co-op]
WIP:
"Capture the Cube 3"
Workshop Maps Link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198008890579/myworkshopfiles/[/spoiler]

Well seeing as there isn't an option to make a map invisible to both friend and the public but you can only access with a link, I don't think having an option like that is worth the trouble.

?????????????????????????????TWP Releases | My Workshop

I'm not sure what you're saying. It sounds like your saying there isn't an option to make a map hidden, but I may be misreading your post.

What I do know is that there is an option to keep maps hidden (called "hidden" btw) from the public and friends. And I'm trying to see if someone could download a hidden map through a collection in Workshop as an extra treat for the player.

Crazy is as crazy does.
My Work
[spoiler]Maps:
Capture the Cube [Co-op]
TPWEGTH Sample Map
ML's Halloween Treat
ML's Jailbreak Labyrinth
WIP:
"Capture the Cube 3"
Workshop Maps Link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198008890579/myworkshopfiles/[/spoiler]
MasterLagger wrote:
I'm not sure what you're saying. It sounds like your saying there isn't an option to make a map hidden, but I may be misreading your post.

I mean that if you set it as hidden, even if you have the link to the map, you still cannot subscribe / play it.

If the map is set to 'Friends Only' you can, though, so I guess you could do what MasterLagger describes using that setting. Of course, it would only be a bonus map to people you're not friends with.

---------------------------
My maps: Double Bill / Jam / Oval Window / Gymnasium / Gymnasium Part 2 / Minimalism (collection) / Resolution
All feedback welcome!
El Farmerino wrote:
If the map is set to 'Friends Only' you can, though, so I guess you could do what MasterLagger describes using that setting. Of course, it would only be a bonus map to people you're not friends with.

Well what if you don't want someone on your friends list to see this map? E.g. MasterLagger (FYI he is actually on my friend list on steam).

Hence why I think there should be an option to change if you can send out the link when it is set as hidden.

chickenmobile wrote:
El Farmerino wrote:

Well what if you don't want someone on your friends list to see this map? E.g. MasterLagger (FYI he is actually on my friend list on steam).

Hence why I think there should be an option to change if you can send out the link when it is set as hidden.

Yeah, I see what you mean, I was just pointing out that it's an option (albeit a compromise).

While we're on the subject, the text for the 'Hidden' option seems to suggest that you can add people as co-creators. Is that actually possible? I can't find an option for it...

My maps: Double Bill / Jam / Oval Window / Gymnasium / Gymnasium Part 2 / Minimalism (collection) / Resolution
All feedback welcome!
El Farmerino wrote:
chickenmobile wrote:
El Farmerino wrote:

Yeah, I see what you mean, I was just pointing out that it's an option (albeit a compromise).

While we're on the subject, the text for the 'Hidden' option seems to suggest that you can add people as co-creators. Is that actually possible? I can't find an option for it...

It's apparently a concept that never went into fruition.

chickenmobile wrote:

I think you're the first and only person on this site to send a friend invitation to me. Do you regret it? :lol:

El Farmerino wrote:

So, I'm assuming someone has already tried adding a hidden map to a collection?

Crazy is as crazy does.
My Work
[spoiler]Maps:
Capture the Cube [Co-op]
TPWEGTH Sample Map
ML's Halloween Treat
ML's Jailbreak Labyrinth
WIP:
"Capture the Cube 3"
MasterLagger wrote:
chickenmobile wrote:

I think you're the first and only person on this site to send a friend invitation to me. Do you regret it? :lol:

NEVAAAAAAAAA

Page 1 of 2Next