Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Wtf ! All scene files missing!

Page 1 of 2Next

Hey guys,

i can't hear any voices, neither in sp nor in coop. The console says that there are all scene files missing. Could any one upload it?

Verify your game cache. Right click it on your Steam library and go to Properties, then "Verify game files".

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

Already tried :/

Btw, when i create a map:
In Hammer editor it says : (Error playing)
when i go ingame then i can hear something like: No [blablabla], what now?

Did you pirate the game?

Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

No.

I'm pretty sure you did. Verifying the game files will redownload any files that are missing from the game. You could always try reinstalling if, for some insane reason that doesn't actually work.

i have to correct myself:
The files are not missing, they seem to be corrupted. I'll download the game later again. And again, its not pirated.

Verifying the game cache will redownload any files that does not match what the server thinks it should be. This includes "corrupted" files as well as anything else missing.

But for the record, no, nobody is going to upload these files for you. Doing so is against the board rules - specifically not distributing copyrighted content.

I have had this problem with L4D2. Fully remove the whole game from your computer, every single file. and re download from steam.

tin-hay wrote:
I have had this problem with L4D2. Fully remove the whole game from your computer, every single file. and re download from steam.

I honestly doubt you need to do this. There's a reason the "Verify Game Cache" feature exists; it checks all the game files on your computer to a master copy on the Steam servers and replaces any that don't match exactly. In effect it redownloads any non-matching files, which means it basically provides you with a new clean copy of the game.

And takes a heck of a lot less time.

Now with 100% more inline comments!
Page 1 of 2Next