Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Wierd bug?

I was working on a map and discovered this weird bug.
When you fall through a portal multiple times with a cube while looking straight up the cube will disappear. Have any of you seen or heard of this bug before?

Moved to proper forum.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

ignore this

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.
msleeper wrote:

Fix'd.

"Games are made out of smaller games ? turtles all the way down, until you hit the game that is so trivial and stupid it isn?t deserving of the name." --Raph Koster

Do you mean holding a cube? Or through the same portal as a cube?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlZpkyt_lek
(the video's kinda boring as it was just me testing fraps, so you can skip to about 3:00)

it happens if you are holding a cube while looking straight up and falling through an infinite portal loop in a relatively low ceiling. after falling through the portal a few times the cube will vanish.

It's because the game can't load the cube holding fast enough at the speed you are falling and when you are holding it up it gets stuck on the top of the ceiling. (opposite side)

At least thats what I think.

Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.

No, that doesn't seem to be it. I played around with it under low gravity and it seems to happen when the cube hits the edge of the portal and doesn't snap back around, if you can keep it from hitting the edge it never happens; there isn't a constant speed or number of times through the portal that it happens.
It just seems to stay on the ground but when you get back to the ground from the above portal it isn't there.

Spoiler
Sorry, only logged-in users can see spoilers.

I think maybe GLaDOS steals the box by making a green portal in one of those pipes but keeps you on your way never noticing the green portal while the box is taken to another test chamber (or the same one maybe?)

Its kinda more like a real explination but well thats what I thought.

Spoiler

:blah:
Spoiler

oh well... I hope to come out in somebody else's post...somebody put a red portal plz.
:gtfo: