Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Why won't the Hammer editor that comes with SFM work?

First off I know this is probably not the best place to ask, but I'm trying to ask on as many forums as I can including Steam's own SFM community forum in the hopes that SOMEONE somewhere will see this and be able to help out.

Anyway, I have a little project I'm trying to do, all I want to do is have a greenscreen "studio" that I can use in SFM, have the chacters say and do their stuff, and then chroma-key it ontop of a video.

So anyway I downloaded the greenscreen panels from somewhere, got the dialouge recorded, then went into the hammer editor to make a basic greenscreen room, and I'm greeted with this lovely error: "FATAL ERROR, missing material 'editor/flatignorez' Go to Tools | Options | Game configurations and verify that your game directory is correct" what do I need to do to fix this? I went into the game configurations thing but I'm clueless as to whether anything there is set up right.

Also, how do I change the type of veiw the 3D camera has, you know so I can actually see what I've made, even if I make just a simple box, I can't see it in the 3D veiw, at all, no matter whether I select "3D Texrued Polygons", "3D Ray-Traced Preveiw", or even just "Wireframe", I still see nothing, is this becuae of the error or am I doing something wrong?

Also I don't like the colour sceme that they've used for the 2D veiws, is there anyway to change the grid colour on the 2D veiws from a bright pink to the more pleasing grey and blue like the Hammer editor that comes with Portal 2 has?

CoolDudeClem wrote:
I'm greeted with this lovely error: "FATAL ERROR, missing material 'editor/flatignorez' Go to Tools | Options | Game configurations and verify that your game directory is correct" what do I need to do to fix this?

You appear to be missing a material :D Verify your local files for P2AT.

ImageImageImageImageImageuseful tools and stuff here on TWP :thumbup:
[spoiler]ImageImageImageImageImage[/spoiler]