Please or Register to create posts and topics.

What does terminal Velocity mean?

Page 1 of 2Next

Sorry i need translation.The dictionary has more translation than one.
First is like : Deadly
Second is like : Endly

Terminal Velocity mean-you can't be faster,
Terminal Velocity mean-When you hit gorund you die.

Portal Magazine WIP.
The device has been modified,so you has been PWNED!

Terminal velocity is what happens when you jump out of an areoplane...

You fall and accellerate untill eventually you reach a point where you will accellerate no more (due to wind resistance and other things) and that is called terminal velocity.

It works with portal because you can reach it using ceiling and floor portals, then if you were to hit the ground you would probably die or at very least be critically injured.

Terminal velocity is the speed at which an object can no longer fall any faster, where the force of gravity matches the force of wind resistance.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

In other words, not a velocity with which to hit the ground. One can use a parachute to lower this velocity, though Chell got these nice things on her legs that make her survive any drop like a cat.

"Duct Tape is the answer."
Ricotez wrote:
In other words, not a velocity with which to hit the ground. One can use a parachute to lower this velocity, though Chell got these nice things on her legs that make her survive any drop like a cat.

Cats always land on their feet, toast always lands butterside down, what happens if you butter a cats back?

youme wrote:
Cats always land on their feet, toast always lands butterside down, what happens if you butter a cats back?

the world ends. but you would have to toast the cat first.

but interestingly enough, a cat thrown out of a 7 story window will have a greater chance of living than one thrown out of a 3 story window....
why? it has a greater chance to manuever itself with the 4 extra stories.. out of a 3 story window by the time it reallizes WTF is going on. it will have landed. badly. and probly died.

do NOT click this
youme wrote:

Old joke is old, in before someone posts that retarded gif.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

Actually, due to the way that toast is generally dropped (I.E. pushed off the edge of a counter), the rotational force applied to it gives it just enough spin to land top side DOWN. Butter your toast and flip it upside down on the plate, then push it off the counter onto the ground. It shall land butter side up.

Of note: Just taking into account rotational forces (I.E., no air resistance or airfoil'ing), a counter would have to be 10 feet off the ground in order for the toast to rotate once completely and land butter side up if pushed off the counter butter side up.

What if the counter is traveling at terminal velocity and the floor is made of cats?

13 seconds of freefall = terminal velocity. (I.e, if you jump out of an aeroplane with no parachute, after 13 seconds you are going the fastest you will go.)

Walking when you have a portal gun sucks.

Check out my Portal 2 map, Entrapment!
http://forums.thinking.withportals.com/community-releases/entrapment-1-1-1-t2323.html
Page 1 of 2Next