Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Were Looking For Workers

hay,
my team and i are looking for some workers,
if you are a:
modeler
animater
programer
or a mapper
and are very fimiliar with source sdk
then message me at @gmail.com">'TeamYogert@gmail.com' with a small trial of your skill
thank you for reading

So, if you're looking for modelers, "animaters", programmers and mappers... What are you bringing to the table, exactly?

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

Ideas.

Actually I wouldn't mind working with a good ideas guy on my upcoming maps :lol:

dinnesch wrote:
Ideas.

Actually I wouldn't mind working with a good ideas guy on my upcoming maps :lol:

So giving you puzzle concepts wasn't good enough eh? Maybe you need me to make them for you too... :lol:
EDIT: 1000th post -.-

?????????????????????????????TWP Releases | My Workshop

I seen how it goes, when one person plays boss while the other are supposed to make what the one guy wants. Its poor distasteful modding practices in my opinion.

First guy tells the second guy, "My head hurts!" The second guy replied, "Stop thinking so much!" Then the first guy says, "I think that what caused my problem in the first place!" The second guy says, "Then stop banging you head against the wall!"

ImageImageVDC User Page
chickenmobile wrote:
dinnesch wrote:
Ideas.

So giving you puzzle concepts wasn't good enough eh? Maybe you need me to make them for you too... :lol:
EDIT: 1000th post -.-

No no no, they're great :) I will have a lot of time to map at the end of this month and some will definitely be used!

Constantly having someone come up with good puzzle ideas while working on a map(for uninspired mappers like me) simply is the ideal situation though so that's why I made the ideas guy comment.

Alright this is going to seem very picky and irritating, but did you mean for "TeamYogurt" to be your username? As in the tasty dairy product?

Now with 100% more inline comments!
WinstonSmith wrote:
Alright this is going to seem very picky and irritating, but did you mean for "TeamYogurt" to be your username? As in the tasty dairy product?

Team of Yoghurts? Ill have some.

?????????????????????????????TWP Releases | My Workshop

I'd have to agree with everyone else... it is terrible modding practice when one guy plays boss man.
Your projects will fall through the floor, because what will happen is your mappers, are going to realize they don't need you, they can make sweet maps without your ideas

On my team, I am the head mapper, I've made over 20 chambers for Back-Stock, we have the occasional "mapper" who wants to join, but then they eventually just become an ideas guy, who cant map. and eventually they run out of ideas and are off the project.

This is how you should build your Team
You(leader): need to be a good mapper, with lots of time
someone1: another mapper is good, they probably wont make nearly as many maps as you though
Then add people as nessesary.. you dont need a modeler from the get go, and if you think you need a coder then you probably dont know much about portal2's engine.

by the end of your mod, you should be an expert in just about everything. because you wont find a lot of help right off the bat.

When I started it was just me for months
Now I've got a great core team of
Me(BenVlodgi): Mapper
AnotherBadPun: Mapper
LPFreaky90: Mapper
DrDoozer: Script Writer

the team is larger than that, but only these people are actually activly participating in mod making
and as you can see, its mostly mappers, because that is the biggest challenge, is to pump out those maps.

Anyways, what I'm saying... dont start a project if you're an ideas guy.

Also, I made a map just for you! Sunset
Click Here to view my Workshop and play my puzzlemaker maps

Another point to make is that you dint even need a team, im working in my mod solo, ive certainly learned a whole heap of everything doing it that way. makes it easier in that you dont have to rely on others to do work for you. i would recommend trying it solo, and inly getting someone else in if you find you really cant get anything happening.

I think in terms of boolean variables. Generally, it makes things easier.