Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Well... I suck at this.

Page 1 of 2Next

Ok, first of all, when I run my map my portal gun dissapears so I can't see it.
Second of all, how do you make it snap to like 8 units instead of 64.

1. In console do sv_cheats 1, impulse 200

2. Press [ or ] on the keyboard

Life is like a pipe, it's hard to get through and you're not always guaranteed a happy ending.

I can't find the fucn_door entity.
Also, I just checked the debug and guess what I found
Attempted to create unknown entity type weapon_portalgun!
Can't init weapon_portalgun

Its a brush based entity, make a brush the size you want the door and then hit 'ctrl+t' and where it says 'class name:' on the window that pops up put func_door in

Also, this is gonna sound REALLLY stupid but, what are brushes? Ad how do you create them?

a brush is a block of world geometry, its the big cubiods you've been making as floors and walls

Does anyone know how to fix my portal gun problem, cause it's kinda important. Also, why do they call them brushes... why not, objects.

because an object is something else.

look in your entity list, if you can't find weapon_portal gun or trigger_portal_cleanser you may not have configued hammer to use the portal fgd. (tools>options>game configuations, then where it says game data files it should say ....portal.fgd)

cryticfarm mate, don't try to change something thats not out of order.

Life is like a pipe, it's hard to get through and you're not always guaranteed a happy ending.

youme wrote:
because an object is something else.

look in your entity list, if you can't find weapon_portal gun or trigger_portal_cleanser you may not have configued hammer to use the portal fgd. (tools>options>game configuations, then where it says game data files it should say ....portal.fgd)

It is, the portal gun is fine in hammer. Just ingame it...

Page 1 of 2Next