Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Unplanned Downtime

As some of you may have noticed, the site was down for a few hours. The server's hard drive went read-only due to some sort of filesystem error. I am still investigating the exact cause, but given that there were some physical drive errors performed during the file system check that was ran while I was getting the server back up, I may wind up replacing the drive later this week or this weekend.

No data was lost, and we have nightly backups of the entire site so there wouldn't have been much lost anyway. I'll post here if/when I will plan on replacing the server's drive.

Keep calm and continue testing. Thanks.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.
msleeper wrote:

The tee didn't make me laugh but that guy did :lol:

Last night I tried to access TWP and my computer got a blue screen of death, then said 'virtual memory overflow'. Perhaps it was a spam attack to the php or something?

?????????????????????????????TWP Releases | My Workshop
chickenmobile wrote:
msleeper wrote:

Last night I tried to access TWP and my computer got a blue screen of death, then said 'virtual memory overflow'. Perhaps it was a spam attack to the php or something?

That shouldn't envoke a BSOD... Sounds more like a faulty windows installation or bad memory spots :S

OT: Never noticed a thing :P

.:: [SP] Lost in Testing :: #1 :: #2 :: #3 :: #4 ::.
KenJeKenny!? wrote:
That shouldn't envoke a BSOD... Sounds more like a faulty windows installation or bad memory spots :S

Yes: because only running Hammer, Photoshop and Google Chrome will give me a blue screen of death when I can run 3 high end games at the same time no problem.

*cough* i believe you were also running oblivion...

PortalStories.com
"Oh, in case you got covered in that repulsion gel, here's some advice the lab boys gave me: DO NOT get covered in the repulsion gel."
iWork925 wrote:
*cough* i believe you were also running oblivion...

Ahem... maybe :kermit:

My computer window said "Failure to connect to server." But it wasn't a big deal with me.

BTW "Running Oblivion" would make a great escape themed map name.

Crazy is as crazy does.
My Work
[spoiler]Maps:
Revenge of the Angry Turrets
Capture the Cube [Co-op]
Capture the Cube 2 [Co-op]
TPWEGTH Sample Map
Aperture Aquatic Testing Center
Aperture Aquatic Testing Center 2
Aperture Time Testing Center
ML's Halloween Trick - 1000 downloads!
ML's Halloween Treat
ML's Combination - 1000 downloads!
ML's Jailbreak Labyrinth
ML's Tricky Teamwork [Co-op]
WIP:
"Capture the Cube 3"
Workshop Maps Link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198008890579/myworkshopfiles/[/spoiler]
chickenmobile wrote:
msleeper wrote:

Google Chrome wouldn't let a web page have enough access to your operating system to let something like that happen. Something else is probably getting screwy.

Yeah, a BSOD isn't consistent with the website being down. You've got bigger PC problems. Try checking your power supply; it's usually responsible for the most bizarre failures.

"Games are made out of smaller games ? turtles all the way down, until you hit the game that is so trivial and stupid it isn?t deserving of the name." --Raph Koster