Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Uh what the fuck?

Page 1 of 3Next

So I was playing through Portal last night, and on chamber 5 I think (the one with the 2 buttons that open the 1 door) and I triggered a sound that I hadn't done before. I was detaching all of the cameras out of habit, and there are 3 in this chamber. Once I got the door open, I threw all of them into the next room, and when I put all 3 into the room, the BTS GLaDOS voice said, "You're not a good person, you know".

Can anyone confirm this? I'm going to try again tonight just to see if I am crazy or what.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

ive done it before :D

cept, if i put a cube in, it does that

never tried cameras

its a easter egg valve put in. theres vids of it on youtube, search around :P

http://thespaceturkey.wordpress.com/
The following statement is false
The preceding statement is true

Oh nevermind then. Are there other places like that?

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

not sure...

i did manage to get a cube past the door in chamber 4 though, no special line there :(

http://thespaceturkey.wordpress.com/
The following statement is false
The preceding statement is true

The sound also plays when you jam a door open with something and get through, without putting a cube on the button.

Fusion wrote:
The sound also plays when you jam a door open with something and get through, without putting a cube on the button.

You would have to stand on the button and shoot a portal so a box fell out of it and blocked the door so you could jump off the button.

I got the same message in that level, except it happened after I attempted to jam the door with 2 cameras. I put them both down in the door, then i got the message, and the buttons remained pressed after I took their cubes off of them...

There are more of those small easter eggs...

For example, if you spawn the Gravity Gun in chamber 14, and use it to smash the cube with force into the button, the door the button leads to, will blow, break down and remain permanently open. The button breaks down as well, and won't budge anymore.

I've tested that with multiple other buttons, and it seems to only apply to chamber 14. I haven't yet found a way to break the door without the gravity gun, so I guess it's just an easter egg for console users.

Type "give weapon_physcannon" or "impulse 101" in the console. For the first, you must use G to switch between portal and gravity gun. For the second, you get the HEV suit as well, so you can just cycle through your weapons. I prefer the first one, it feels less like cheating and it keeps the Portal atmosphere more intact.

"Duct Tape is the answer."
Ricotez wrote:
There are more of those small easter eggs...

For example, if you spawn the Gravity Gun in chamber 14, and use it to smash the cube with force into the button, the door the button leads to, will blow, break down and remain permanently open. The button breaks down as well, and won't budge anymore.

I've tested that with multiple other buttons, and it seems to only apply to chamber 14. I haven't yet found a way to break the door without the gravity gun, so I guess it's just an easter egg for console users.

Type "give weapon_physcannon" or "impulse 101" in the console. For the first, you must use G to switch between portal and gravity gun. For the second, you get the HEV suit as well, so you can just cycle through your weapons. I prefer the first one, it feels less like cheating and it keeps the Portal atmosphere more intact.

You don't need that. Just stand on the button and hold the cube over your head.

gepy wrote:"The companion toilet cannot speak, however it can take your crap."Journey - no idea on length = don't know the % done

Oh... well... okay...

It's still an easter egg.

"Duct Tape is the answer."
Page 1 of 3Next