Please or Register to create posts and topics.

TWP shoutout (shamelessly plugging my blog)

Page 1 of 3Next

Hi guys. I'm a contributor for a brand-new blog called Geek Girl, a nerdy-interest magazine written by women (but not necessarily just for women). I thought you might like to know that I mentioned Thinking With Portals in my latest post. It's about geeky wedding proposals, so of course I had to talk about Linking Annex, and I linked to the download page.

Read it!

In my completely personal experience, the best way to get taken seriously as a woman in gaming is to make mention of it as infrequently as possible.

But thanks for the link.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.
msleeper wrote:
In my completely personal experience, the best way to get taken seriously as a woman in gaming is to make mention of it as infrequently as possible.

I know, and that's a damn shame. We want this website to be a safe space where no one feels like they have to hide their gender.

logicalDemoness wrote:
I know, and that's a damn shame. We want this website to be a safe space where no one feels like they have to hide their gender.

The point is: it doesn't matter whether you're a gaming man or women. Mentioning you're a girl everywhere doesn't make you cooler, people will just get annoyed. Same with mentioning your length, height, hair color and other facts that don't matter at all for your gaming skills.

So yea, people with whom I've talked to on skype/steam know I'm a girl and it's absolutely nothing to be ashamed of. And I'm not the only girl around here, I know various girls who are on these forums, and I never ever heard them complaining that people weren't taking them seriously because they were girls. So basically I think your website is a bit overkill, a solution for a not-existing problem, but that's just my two cents ;)

I think the underlying problem is that there is a specific group of males who give the rest of us bad names.

Now with 100% more inline comments!

Yes, that and that many people just assume that everyone on this kind of forum is male.

I think in terms of boolean variables. Generally, it makes things easier.

Random fact: 5 out of the 6 posters in this thread are female.

?????????????????????????????TWP Releases | My Workshop

Actually, I think you'll find thats 4/6....unless im missing something here?

I think in terms of boolean variables. Generally, it makes things easier.
Spam Nugget wrote:
Actually, I think you'll find thats 4/6....unless im missing something here?
Spam Nugget wrote:
Yes, that and that many people just assume that everyone on this kind of forum is male.

You contradict yourself! Blasphemy!

EDIT: Unless you are a girl, which makes 6/6

?????????????????????????????TWP Releases | My Workshop

I typed out a kind of long response, and then realized lpfreaky90 said literally the same thing I was going to.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.
Page 1 of 3Next