Please or Register to create posts and topics.

this was fail thread

Page 1 of 2Next

:notwant: someone helped me with my little delimma

So... you are asking other people to help you make a chamber... for a contest...
:notwant:

My Hammer Maps
[Released] Power Interference
[Released] Rust and Dust (Spotlight Map!)
[Released] Multiportal

yeahh......It didnt say anything against it in the rules...is it legal??!??!?!

Look, people aren't going to help you make your own map. ESPECIALLY if it's for a contest. You have to be creative. If you can't think of an idea on your own, then mapping isn't for you.

My Hammer Maps
[Released] Multiportal

meh,,,, thanks for the advice, Ill just delete this thread! thanks

I understand why you need help, but coming up with your own idea and seeing it in action is all part of the wonderful process! You won't be satisfied if it isn't your own idea. :)

PS: You can't delete a thread

My Hammer Maps
[Released] Multiportal

You should show this thread to the judges...

It really showcases your creativity...

:notwant:

Never use Logic to solve a puzzle, he's an idiot...

Ok im going to start fresh.. ! ooh I know Ill bust out the old test chamber designs from 2011.. thanks for the help

Awesome, you want to compete in a competition and you fail so you want to use other people's ideas?
Awesome idea :notwant:.

Seriously: if you can't get an idea you can't get a map and you can't compete. Simple as that.
If you need ideas, play through other portal 2 maps, see what you like and what you don't like and/or use other games as inspiration.

Also an all caps title like this isn't really a good idea, I took the liberty to change the title accordingly.

Finally:
Not too compicated, but not one room
Many rooms but two doors...
There is nothing even remotely close to somewhat of an idea you have/what you want to create. Just mess around in the PTI by yourself and test test test until you end up with something nice. If that fails, just give up. Maybe another time you WILL be able to come up with something awesome!

thanks, I just redid the entire thread because it was a stupid idea to begin with, so ill take your advice and test test test!

Page 1 of 2Next