Please or Register to create posts and topics.

THIS POST HAS BEEN BLANKED

Page 1 of 2Next

THIS POST HAS BEEN BLANKED BECAUSE THIS USER WAS STUPID IN 2013/2014.

Defunct Account
PLEASE DON'T LOOK AT MY POSTS FROM 2013
THEY ARE UGLY AND HIDEOUS

Defunct Account

Some stuff in BEE2 cause leaks. Export to hammer and look if anything is sticking out. (Can't help you as much, because most people here use hammer).

Defunct Account
TheTestmasterSphere wrote:
ok.
(I don't use hammer. I can DAZ Studio, but I can't hammer or sfm.)

try installing hammer, its not so bad
or check the console to see what the error is

Also, I made a map just for you! Sunset
Click Here to view my Workshop and play my puzzlemaker maps

I'm having a different one this time.
Here's the log.

VBSP failed.

vbsp_styles: Saved modified C:Users-DocumentsSteamsteamappscommonPortal 2sdk_contentmapsstyledpreview.vmf
vbsp_styles: Changed 10510 materials.
vbsp_styles: -game "C:/Users/-/Documents/Steam/steamapps/common/Portal 2/portal2/" "C:UsValve Software - vbsp.exe (May 30 2013)
2 threads
materialPath: C:Users-DocumentsSteamsteamappscommonPortal 2portal2materials
Loading C:Users-DocumentsSteamsteamappscommonPortal 2sdk_contentmapsstyledpreview.vmf
ConVarRef gpu_level doesn't point to an existing ConVar
Too many brushes, MAX_MAP_BRUSHES = 8192 (while merging instance 'instances/p2editor_old/glass_frame_left_straight.vmf')
Opening bsp file: C:Users-DocumentsSteamsteamappscommonPortal 2sdk_contentmapspreview.bsp
Writing new bsp file: C:Users-DocumentsSteamsteamappscommonPortal 2sdk_contentmapspreview.bsp

Valve Software - bspzip.exe (Aug 13 2012)
ers-DocumentsSteamsteamappscommonPortal 2sdk_contentmapsstyledpreview.vmf"
vbsp_styles: Making C:/Users/-/Documents/Steam/steamapps/common/Portal 2/portal2/puzzles76561198073032124untitled.jpg writable

Defunct Account
Log wrote:
Too many brushes, MAX_MAP_BRUSHES = 8192 (while merging instance 'instances/p2editor_old/glass_frame_left_straight.vmf')

too big of a map?

Also, I made a map just for you! Sunset
Click Here to view my Workshop and play my puzzlemaker maps

I'm having the same issue as the first one listed. Same console readout and everything. The only difference is I get it whenever I try to compile any test chamber, not just one with platforms. Any advice? (I can't go into hammer to check it, I'm on a Mac.)

If you got that maximum brushes error, it means your map is too complex to compile properly. Can you compile the default 1-room chamber? Type "developer 2" into the console, it'll print out the full compile log.

My stuff:
[spoiler]- BEE2 Addons | (BEE2)
- Hammer Addons
Maps:
- Crushed Gel
- Gel is Not Always Helpful[/spoiler]

Here is the error I am getting:

[PORTAL2 PUZZLEMAKER] ---------END loading assets---------

==== calling mapspawn.nut
[PORTAL2 PUZZLEMAKER] Saved puzzle: /Users/SUBJECTNAMEHERE/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Portal 2/portal2/puzzles76561198093896691autosave.p2c
Parent cvar in client.dll not allowed (r_shadowlod)
* NO GAME SESSION *
* some features might be disabled *
* (achievements, stats, UI, etc.) *
Redownloading all lightmaps
[PORTAL2 PUZZLEMAKER] CVoxelTestChamber::Export VMF /Users/SUBJECTNAMEHERE/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Portal 2/sdk_contentmaps/preview.vmf ...
[PORTAL2 PUZZLEMAKER] CVoxelTestChamber::Export VMF success, chamber size: (8,6,4)
[PORTAL2 PUZZLEMAKER] Compilation time (after export): 207 (ms)

VBSP failed.

Valve Software - vbsp.exe (Mar 23 2013)
2 threads
materialPath: /Users/SUBJECTNAMEHERE/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Portal 2/portal2/materials
Loading /Users/SUBJECTNAMEHERE/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Portal 2/sdk_content/maps/preview.vmf
ConVarRef gpu_level doesn't point to an existing ConVar
Could not open instance file instances/p2editor/light_panel_32x128_cool_med.v

And no, I can't even compile a default chamber. This error happens with every preset palette on BEE2, except the "Broken Portal 2" one, because that just makes everything look like Old Aperture and adds no new apparatus. (Also, the vanilla palette works fine as well.) I can't tell you whether or not it works with custom palettes, because for some reason I can't make them.

Page 1 of 2Next