Please or Register to create posts and topics.

The impossible, is possible

So I managed to pull this off without cheats, in singleplayer. I actually didn't expect this to happen, at all.
SPOILER ALERT
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/54177 ... F302DDC68/

Spoiler
Sorry, only logged-in users can see spoilers.

You will also notice during gameplay that there are places in the game where this kind of thing is more intended, i.e. conversion gel getting covered with bounce gel and your portal remaining.

I do my science from scratch.

If you portal an area with conversion gel, and the gel gets washed away, only areas not covered by the portal are clear of the gel. And when the portal is removed the gel underneath is also removed.

This gives the 'illusion' that you have portaled a metal/black surface.

PortalStories.com
"Oh, in case you got covered in that repulsion gel, here's some advice the lab boys gave me: DO NOT get covered in the repulsion gel."
iWork925 wrote:
If you portal an area with conversion gel, and the gel gets washed away, only areas not covered by the portal are clear of the gel. And when the portal is removed the gel underneath is also removed.

This gives the 'illusion' that you have portaled a metal/black surface.

It's not really an illusion because you can actually go through the portal.

I didn't say you couldn't

PortalStories.com
"Oh, in case you got covered in that repulsion gel, here's some advice the lab boys gave me: DO NOT get covered in the repulsion gel."

He didn't mean it was an illusion that the portal was there, he meant it was an illusion that you had shot a portal on a metallic surface.