Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Team Fortress 2 is Free--Forever!

Page 1 of 3Next

That's right, you've heard correctly. One of the most popular multiplayer FPS games ever made is now completely free to play for as long as you want. VALVe/the game are now going to be supported completely by in-game purchases, which isn't all that bad a move considering there are probably seven people in the world--one of them being me, but not for long--who have not yet bought/played the game. So if you don't already have it, go ahead and download it!

Now with 100% more inline comments!

Edited to add link. Lul.

"Games are made out of smaller games ? turtles all the way down, until you hit the game that is so trivial and stupid it isn?t deserving of the name." --Raph Koster

I find it funny cause the reason they released it free is because they were making enough money out of people buying hats/weapons. Seriously, who buys virtual hats for a character in a game?

I see how making it free for everyone will increase their profit though... especially as kids play cartoony games (which they previously couldn't afford) and buy $1 items in the store which they constantly beg their parents to get.

?????????????????????????????TWP Releases | My Workshop

I have wanted to play this game for ages. Being a student at university means I have to budget quite alot...meaning I rarely get a chance to buy a new game on steam.

This has made my day. I don't really care about the in-game purchases as they aren't really all that good anyway.

Some of my Portal 2 maps || Mini-Faith || Careful Cube || Vertical Reach ||

|| Need help uploading a map...new user? Read my Map Uploading Guide ||
|| Want to play custom maps, but don't know how? Read my Playing Portal 2 Custom Maps Guide ||

The other reason it's free is simply because the vast majority of their intended audience already owns the game. They've had free weekends and massive sales (I mean like, $2.50 a copy) countless times, just trying to get the few people who don't own it to buy it.

Nacimota wrote:
The other reason it's free is simply because the vast majority of their intended audience already owns the game. They've had free weekends and massive sales (I mean like, $2.50 a copy) countless times, just trying to get the few people who don't own it to buy it.

I still won't play it though. Someone told me it was better than when the free runs were on... might play it once and then systematically give up again.

I (already) had 4 copies... lol. 1 i got with the orange box. the other three I bought on sale.. Atleast 2 of them (maybe all 3 of the others) i got for like $1.80 or something. During that 3 hour sale during some halloween a couple years ago

do NOT click this
rellikpd wrote:
I (already) had 4 copies... lol.

Lol. What are you going to do with the useless 3 copies? Are they even still available to gift when the game is free?

Related:
36lSzUMBJnc

chickenmobile wrote:
rellikpd wrote:
I (already) had 4 copies... lol.

Lol. What are you going to do with the useless 3 copies? Are they even still available to gift when the game is free?

I have 4 computers, and 4 people in my family. how are the other 3 copies useless?

do NOT click this
Page 1 of 3Next