Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Reviews!

The review section on these forums seem a bit... uhm... dead... Which is a shame, really.

What's the requirements for posting a review there? I'd love to simply post very short summaries for the maps that I like with a download link, and in the absence of a lot of full featured reviews I think this might be better than nothing.

I'd probably even include some WIP maps, but as previews rather than reviews then. (And then no download link, but a reference to the work in progress forum. So users will know what they're getting in to if they decide to play them anyway.)

I'd only do this for maps that I'd recommend though. But it'd still be a useful resource for people who just want some maps to play.

Any thoughts?

Yeah, sorry man, I've been slacking on that. I said I'd write up some reviews, but I'm hesitant because I haven't posted any maps of my own. (Get over it, right?)

If you're keen to write reviews, I got two ideas. One, you could post them in the Maps and Mapping section with a [REVIEW] tag in the subject, and then sleeper or the other mods could move them to the Reviews section. This might be a good convention to adopt anyway, so that everyone feels empowered to write a review and we can kind of annoint the most useful ones "official" post facto.

Two, you could ask sleeper to give you permission to post in the Reviews section. This might be easier. :)

Sleeper? What do you think?

Cr00ked.

You know, there is an "M" in my name. ;)

If you feel so obliged to write a review on one of the maps here, and you think you can do a job comparable to Grudge's (with or without the intervew, I lol'd at that myself), then go for it. Use his review as a guideline, and be sure to include 5 screenshots like he did. Don't worry about getting the screens to show up on the side on the Reviews page, I'll handle that for you. If it is good enough and you do them consistantly, maybe I'll add you to the News Staff

Also, remember that everyone on staff here is a volunteer, and so people can only have a chance to do stuff in their free time. There has been talk on the private boards about reviewing all of the contest maps, also.

Paul - Get over it. ;)

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

I thought the M was just the result of some sort of text based speech impediment :P

[insert visually obtrusive graphic or witty comment here]
msleeper wrote:
and you think you can do a job comparable to Grudge's

Well that would kinda be the point. I wouldn't do it like that. By far. I'd rather have some short reviews, than none :)

Probably just meant to do an equally high quality job. Screenshots are always delicious, though, no matter how long the review is.

"Games are made out of smaller games ? turtles all the way down, until you hit the game that is so trivial and stupid it isn?t deserving of the name." --Raph Koster