Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Replacement Lobby for Custom Maps

Would it be possible rename the default lobby to something else and add our own custom lobby map.
This lobby could have a default door that leads back to the original lobby as well as our custom maps.

I'm not sure if its possible to get the map to read the maps directory and present an auto-generated
list similar to the interfaces in the default lobby. I could make it but I'm far too "Important" to do this. By which I mean stupid.

This would be a terrible idea for a multitude of reasons. I am pretty sure that the ability to create custom Hubs or Lobbies is going to be coming out soon, so for now I'd just wait it out. You can always manually change map to your Hub map if you have one.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

Let's hope so. It's fine for most people to changelevel but there are people out there who's eyes gloss over when you mention the console.

Then they probably shouldn't be trying to play custom maps in the first place.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

How about a map selection menu just like in P1? I haven't seen any frame like this in the new GUI though.

the hills are alive... with the sound of music

It is almost certainly coming but not ready yet. You can enable that menu and add items to it, but it requires a little bit of file hacking. The feature is there, and my assumption is that it will be enabled around the time of the first DLC pack. Custom hubs will likely follow as well.

"Games are made out of smaller games ? turtles all the way down, until you hit the game that is so trivial and stupid it isn?t deserving of the name." --Raph Koster

I was really considering making a Hub world map. I would have to do it in the 1950's style Aperture, for sure, but it could feature all kinds of neat posters linking to people's maps in interesting ways.

Colours, for instance, would be a 5-8 map set you'd enter by boarding a rocket.

IanB wrote:
I was really considering making a Hub world map. I would have to do it in the 1950's style Aperture, for sure, but it could feature all kinds of neat posters linking to people's maps in interesting ways.

I had a thought about doing a 50's-70's one inside one of the other mine shafts. You'd have offices and cranes and platforms to take you to the different levels.

Being Welsh since 1992