Please or Register to create posts and topics.

prop_static not showing up in game

For some reason some of my prop_statics are not appearing in game, so far this has happened to the chair, elevator body and elevator wall surround. prop_statics with other models work fine, just not these ones. They all show up fine in hammer. Any ideas?

Only a spider trusts the web

Those models are dynamic/physics models

all but the chair should be prop_dynamic
and the chair should be prop_physics

When you are browsing through the model list, click on the info tab and it usually tells you what the model is supported by, such as static or physics.

The chair says that it supports static but that didn't work for me

Cheers, I shall try that.

I knew about prop_dynamic/physics, but assumed that everything would support static if you just want it to sit there and look pretty.

Have you tried using prop_dynamic_override? It bypasses the static/dynamic/physics restrictions.

http://www.dpgames.co.uk/

Sanity is not statistical.

The lift sections had static ticked as well, but changing them to dynamic and the chairs to physics made it work.

I've had this problem with TF2 models a lot. I'd say maybe 90% of the models I tried that said they were static compatible didn't show up unless I made them dynamic. Portal's been a lot better about it, but I'm hoping it's something that resolves with official SDK support.

youme wrote:
Those models are dynamic/physics models

all but the chair should be prop_dynamic
and the chair should be prop_physics

Ah, thanks for that. I was having the same problem. :)