Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Portalibility Embedded with Textures Question

So...

Has anyone found a way to recompile vbsp to read the portal/noportal values embedded with the materials? If not, what about a workaround that does not involve noportal_volumes. Would be a huge time-saver.

viewtopic.php?t=66

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.
ebola wrote:
So...

Has anyone found a way to recompile vbsp to read the portal/noportal values embedded with the materials? If not, what about a workaround that does not involve noportal_volumes. Would be a huge time-saver.

There's no way we can go about that at the time. We need to wait for the new version of hammer to be released.

it is possible, you just have to know some c++, i don't know enough. but i know it can be done. people were making entire map editors for games that didn't even use bsp way back. it should be easier since we actually do have the source code to vbsp...

You can also make the brushes a 'func_door', they will be un-portable.

Spacemonkey wrote:
You can also make the brushes a 'func_door', they will be un-portable.

Man thats a crap solution... It may well work but its gotta be worse than making bazilions of noportal_volumes

I'm just going to make maps without them and wait untill the new SDK is reased