Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Portal2maps.net Error 118

There's this website that has downloads for custom maps for Portal 2 called "Portal2maps.net", and I've been using this website in January this year, but around February, the website isn't loading anymore. I keep getting an Error 118, and I'm wondering if the website closed down or not. And it's not just my computer that won't load it. Even computers at college won't load it, and the computers at college used to load the website weeks ago. But on the computers at college, instead of showing Error 118 (unlike my own computer), it says that it's unavailable, and has a link that lets me see a cached version, and I'm able to look at the cached version, but I also wanna see the website uncached like it should appear, and my own computer doesn't show a link to the cached version like the computers at college do.

I believe that portal2maps.net is a backup for the maps from this site.
So all maps you can download there can also be found here :).

Hopefully Msleeper will also see this thread and fix the problem ;)

OK, I'll tell you this: I know that website from long ago when I was sooo eager to download and play all Portal maps in the world... That website has NOTHING GENUINE or a decent download database: all maps appearing into there were maps already uploaded to this website, or to Myaperturelabs.com, or to http://www.portalgamemaps.com/ (and some others so tiny that don't even worth mentioning). In fact, many of the links just brought you here or to MAL...

You can stick to this website knowing you won't lose any good custom map; I can assure you from my humble experience!

ImageImageImageImageImageuseful tools and stuff here on TWP :thumbup:
[spoiler]ImageImageImageImageImage[/spoiler]

Fun fact: run a WHOIS on portal2maps.net.

With that I'm locking this thread.

Now with 100% more inline comments!

I'm pretty sure portalgamemaps steals content from us too.

Anyway it's fixed. Thanks for reporting the isssue.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.