Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Portal: Still Alive Maps for PC?

I heard about Portal: Still Alive and how it is only for the Xbox 360. I would like if somebody with an Xbox and an ability to map would re-make the extra Test Chambers, so others could play in them too...

Most of the test chambers are from the Flash Version Map Pack, plus I think some added advanced from challenges.

I could be wrong though, I think valve added a few things as well to make it a group effort. I wouldn't be surprised if they came to PC some time soon, however.

Hen7 is the author of Portal: Still Alive, as well as the Portal: The Flash Version Mappack. A statement from him here would be a clear answer, but from what he's said in the past, Portal: Still Alive is a subset of Portal: TFV.

Play it yourself and see.

"Games are made out of smaller games ? turtles all the way down, until you hit the game that is so trivial and stupid it isn?t deserving of the name." --Raph Koster

As the one who created TFV mappack and own Still Alive I must say that my maps are better.
Still Alive is basically original Portal + about half of the test chambers that you can find in my mappack (no BTS levels and story).
There are a few new maps though, but not worth getting it if you played Portal and my mapapck, If you didn't getting this for 15$ is great.

Hen7 wrote:
As the one who created TFV mappack and own Still Alive I must say that my maps are better.
Still Alive is basically original Portal + about half of the test chambers that you can find in my mappack (no BTS levels and story).
There are a few new maps though, but not worth getting it if you played Portal and my mapapck, If you didn't getting this for 15$ is great.

I own both too. Its pretty pethic what changes they did. they did not fix texture placement. And some points, used wall textures instead of ceiling textures. Oh. And I don't think they build there cube maps ether. Be happy that your a PC gamer. :)

:A Little Higher: :Tornate: :Blue Portals: :Vectronic: :Youtube: :Twitter: : ModDB: :Old Sig:

The more you give, the less appreciated it will be received.
Hen7 wrote:

That kinda sucks about the story, I liked where the story went at the end of TFV Mappack. Were you the one who made the new content you mentioned, or did Valve?