Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Portal Combat mod

Page 1 of 2Next

Im working on a projekt called Portal: Combat
its waht the name says: a more combat based portal game in the HL? universe.This mean
less Puzzels MORE COMBAT :evil:

Im working on it since april 2008

Features:

-Aperture Science Weapons like Lazer gun so i need a modler

-A story (i made it suitable with the portal prelude story[THX NykO18 for this awesome mod^^])

-New textures

-An aperture logo as HP display (like my AVATAR^^)

-Some battles against the AOD Soldiers (Army of Destiny) [The big Evil(?) opponent]

-Boss Battle
(no not glados)

Screenshots(ALPHA):
Image[img]http://img204.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif[/img]

Image[img]http://img528.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif[/img]

Update Comming soon

Good luck with this.

Good luck and tight nerves on this 8)

Test Chamber 74:
(percentage calculation sphere self-test failed!)
108.1% done, -8.1% remaining...
Released here!

All maps for Portal (1/2) worth playing are mirrored here.

I know someone who might be interested in the modeling portion of your project, I'll ask him and see if he's interested in giving you a hand.
:wink:

:wink:

Sorry if I'm nit-picky, but it bothers me in the first screenshot how the wall tiles do not line up with the edge of wall. Just doesn't seem as well polished...granted, it is early

compherm wrote:
Sorry if I'm nit-picky, but it bothers me in the first screenshot how the wall tiles do not line up with the edge of wall. Just doesn't seem as well polished...granted, it is early

heyheyhey its only alpha

I am curious how this is going to work, considering the code for Portal has not been released and therefore no code mods will work with it.

The map looks boring, alpha or not. The name made me :lol: though.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

Although adding a combat to Portal would be neet, it's set to fail, considering that any sort of combat in Portal is used as a puzzle in and of itself. The turrets aren't there for combating. They're strategically placed to add a different type of puzzle to the game.

However, I am interested to see your finished product, as I have thought it would be neet. I just think that it will be hard to pull off, or at least pull off well.

Final note: how are you going to have your AI deal with going through portals?

"Tuna? Tuna is worth no Earth moneys!"

Nice. Good look with this. :)

PortalFan77 wrote:
Awesome is the only word I can think of.

thanks i wont give it up

Page 1 of 2Next