Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Portal cleanser removing prop_portal

Page 1 of 2Next

I have a prop_portal that I wan't to keep open at all times, and I have a trigger_portal_cleanser to make my puzzle harder and when I wal through the portal cleanser it removes both my blue portal (placed by me in game) and the orange portal that i put there in hammer. 0.o

Anyone found a solution to this? I tried telling the trigger_portal_cleanser to set it's activated state back to 1 'OnFizzle' but it doesn't work
This is really annoying as it's a funimental to this level

Thanks,
Youme

youme wrote:
I have a prop_portal that I wan't to keep open at all times, and I have a trigger_portal_cleanser to make my puzzle harder and when I wal through the portal cleanser it removes both my blue portal (placed by me in game) and the orange portal that i put there in hammer. 0.o

Anyone found a solution to this? I tried telling the trigger_portal_cleanser to set it's activated state back to 1 'OnFizzle' but it doesn't work
This is really annoying as it's a funimental to this level

Thanks,
Youme

you could probably use some creatively placed triggers to make it work.

Yeah, have a trigger brush that is bigger than the cleanser, and OnEndTouchAll have it open the prop_portal again.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.
msleeper wrote:
Yeah, have a trigger brush that is bigger than the cleanser, and OnEndTouchAll have it open the prop_portal again.

I guess I could do that, bit iffy though.

(how is OnEndTouchAll different to OnEndTouch?)

Depends on your flags, but it is pretty self-explanitory. OnEndTouchAll only fires when anything that can trigger it has left the volume.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

ahhh, I thought that it was when anything that can trigger it has left all triggers. :oops:

Set a filter_activator_name and name it the same as the portal cleanser's trigger also in properties set Filter Name to the name of the prop_portal. Now that portal should stay at all times even when going through the cleanser.

that won't do anything, not only because that's not the right way to use a filter, but also because even if you correct it so that you do use a filter correctly on the trigger, it still wont do anything. in fact, that'll make the trigger pretty much stop doing anything at all. a filter filters the activators, not the input/output

ebola wrote:
that won't do anything, not only because that's not the right way to use a filter, but also because even if you correct it so that you do use a filter correctly on the trigger, it still wont do anything. in fact, that'll make the trigger pretty much stop doing anything at all. a filter filters the activators, not the input/output

Yes this does work I tested it before posting it. Here is an example bsp and vmf if you still doubt this will work.

Example Map Link

you know why that map works? because your portalgun isn't upgraded...

Page 1 of 2Next