Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Portal-Ception

Page 1 of 3Next

A portal inside portal!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMMWHAbl ... ature=plcp

I think it's just a world portal...? Kind of reminds me of a Stargate.

Yeah, it's probably a world portal. The model looks really good though.

That awkward moment when Inception was about putting ideas in other people's minds and not dreams within dreams.

My Maps:
[spoiler][SP] Alternate[/spoiler]

A portal in a game called portal? NO WAY!*

Vordwann wrote:
That awkward moment when Inception was about putting ideas in other people's minds and not dreams within dreams.

It was a bit weird that the film never really looked at the moral implications of going into someone's mind and basically just running around messing with all kinds of different shit. Although I guess that wouldn't have been quite as cool as recreating the Surface level from Goldeneye.

---------------------------
My maps: Double Bill / Jam / Oval Window / Gymnasium / Gymnasium Part 2 / Minimalism (collection) / Resolution
All feedback welcome!
---------------------------
El Farmerino wrote:
Vordwann wrote:

It was a bit weird that the film never really looked at the moral implications of going into someone's mind and basically just running around messing with all kinds of different shit. Although I guess that wouldn't have been quite as cool as recreating the Surface level from Goldeneye.

What I'm trying to say is when people use the -ception postfix to talk about something inside something else, it doesn't... mean that. So... memes originating the wrong way. Because Inception is putting an idea in someone's head, NOT the concept of something within something else.

My Maps:
Conway wrote:
A portal inside portal!!!

DMMWHAblAo4

For everyone like me too lazy to click on the link.

EDIT
Also something like this has been done before a few times. The first example I can think of is time arch.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

"It's craaaaaaaaazy how this guy made a portal. Wow. In the steam engine."

:notwant:

My Maps:

I don't know why everyone is so impressed with world portal gimmicks.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.
Page 1 of 3Next