Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Portal Anagylph?

Page 1 of 2Next

Does anybody knows how to make portal in anaglyph?I think it will be pretty inpressive... :D

Anaglyph:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anaglyph_image

Portal Magazine WIP.
The device has been modified,so you has been PWNED!

do you mean so you can play it whilst wearing the 2 coloured glasses or take a screenshot and make it the two colours?
doing the second is easy, take screenshot 1, take half a step right then take another, then modify the colours and superimpose them onto each other in PS.
Doing thr first, well, I'm not even sure its posible, but its similar to what Gmod does with its super DOF so it must be posible somehow - probably will require some sort of ubermod though.

sidenote: ugh that technology is so outdated! cinemas use polarised images and glases with polaroid filters in to make the 3D effect now

actually... even the polorized tech is outdated, i watched a 3d movie with polorized glasses (at Disney Land) back in 1989.

also. there are some things out there that just replace your video card, or daughter-board with your video card that allow you to do such a thing with live 3d video games (without altering said games programming)
http://www.edimensional.com/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=28
thats just the first one i ran into. but there are others.

just type "3d glasses video games" in google. and go have fun.

i thought about buying something "like" this once... but never had the money, now that i have the money i don't think it would be worth it :-/

do NOT click this

I know its old but who cares?Portal in 3d will be... WOW.But i asked for anaglyph.Any mod exist?Or i need to buy expensive glases?

Portal Magazine WIP.
The device has been modified,so you has been PWNED!

Well, Trackmania United Forever got anaglyphic mode. It can be turned on at any moment you wished. It results in a noticeable drop of framerates, but it's such a cool effect. I only wished I had red/cyan glasses instead of green/red...

"Duct Tape is the answer."
Ricotez wrote:
Well, Trackmania United Forever got anaglyphic mode. ... It results in a noticeable drop of framerates, ...

Rendering two times the number of frames says what?

"Games are made out of smaller games ? turtles all the way down, until you hit the game that is so trivial and stupid it isn?t deserving of the name." --Raph Koster

exactly, 2 images are rendered instead of 1 resulting in twice the load, which in turn results in a drop in framerates. I don't think coding it will result in much trouble, however. Simply add a second "point of view", slightly to the left/right of the first.

actually it could be even easier than that. and not require two renders. just use a different field of view (one that that is slightly back) so that it renders a little bit more to the left, right, (and if needed top and bottom) then render that. then (in game) move the field of view where it needs to be. then display from the left most FOV to the right where it would stop, and render the right most FOV to the left where it would stop. and overlap them as needed. i don't think this would require two render cycles... i mean. it would require quite a bit more codeing. but once done i think it would mean less strain on the video card....

but most coders are lazy these days and they just code for systems with 8gb RAM, 2gb RAM video cards etc... *goes old man mode* back in the day programmers made code effecient so that anyone could run their shit. but now gaming companies only program for the hardware that is either A) Just hit the market, or B) about to hit the market. forcing people to continuously update their systems *stares at Crysis*

do NOT click this

That was what I liked about the Source engine. Portal even runs on the computers at my school (which are pretty new, but their specs date back to the stoneage). That is, it crashed halfway Testchamber 3 or 4 or 5, can't remember which, when the game first gets interesting because you finally got the Portal Gun. Oh well. I'm not supposed to play Portal at school anyway.

Hehe. :twisted:

User has been banned for this post. --msleeper

Page 1 of 2Next