Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Portal 2 update today - Valve is preparing for the DLC

Quote:
Updates to Portal 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:

Portal 2
-Preparations for launch of Portal 2 updates this September

They're setting the wheels in motion. It'll still be a few weeks before we get the new stuff most likely, but we know for sure now that the time is drawing near.

I just hopped in-game to see if anything's visibly changed, e.g. new but nonfunctional options in the main menus, but nothing's visibly different. Guess whatever's been altered is all hidden for the moment. Or it might be somewhere else that I just haven't seen it...

It's only a minor update with no game-altering changes, so definitely nothing to get super-excited over. But when Valve starts patching their stuff like this, it usually means something's gonna happen before too long.

There is no "N" in "Turret."

I saw this too. The update news did say that it was preparations so we can only guess that the changes will not be applied until they officially release the DLC.

First I was like: OMG THE DLC!!
Then when I saw the news and this post, I was all like: Awwww it's still going to be another few weeks or so...

EDIT: Portal suddenly recognised items which I obtained from TF2 and I can equip them on the bots. Was that always there?

?????????????????????????????TWP Releases | My Workshop

At least they're letting the player know that the DLC is almost complete.

Crazy is as crazy does.
My Work
[spoiler]Maps:
Revenge of the Angry Turrets
Capture the Cube [Co-op]
Capture the Cube 2 [Co-op]
TPWEGTH Sample Map
Aperture Aquatic Testing Center
Aperture Aquatic Testing Center 2
Aperture Time Testing Center
ML's Halloween Trick - 1000 downloads!
ML's Halloween Treat
ML's Combination - 1000 downloads!
ML's Jailbreak Labyrinth
ML's Tricky Teamwork [Co-op]
WIP:
"Capture the Cube 3"
Workshop Maps Link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198008890579/myworkshopfiles/[/spoiler]
chickenmobile wrote:
EDIT: Portal suddenly recognised items which I obtained from TF2 and I can equip them on the bots. Was that always there?

That has been like that for a while now. =P

Some of my Portal 2 maps || Mini-Faith || Careful Cube || Vertical Reach ||

|| Need help uploading a map...new user? Read my Map Uploading Guide ||
|| Want to play custom maps, but don't know how? Read my Playing Portal 2 Custom Maps Guide ||

Well, they didn't fix the main menu music yet with the update... oh well.

Crazy is as crazy does.
My Work
[spoiler]Maps:
Revenge of the Angry Turrets
Capture the Cube [Co-op]
Capture the Cube 2 [Co-op]
TPWEGTH Sample Map
Aperture Aquatic Testing Center
Aperture Aquatic Testing Center 2
Aperture Time Testing Center
ML's Halloween Trick - 1000 downloads!
ML's Halloween Treat
ML's Combination - 1000 downloads!
ML's Jailbreak Labyrinth
ML's Tricky Teamwork [Co-op]
WIP:
"Capture the Cube 3"
Workshop Maps Link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198008890579/myworkshopfiles/[/spoiler]
Lostprophetpunk wrote:
That has been like that for a while now. =P

Too bad I gave away my Skyrim hat to a friend because I don't give 2 hoots about TF2.

?????????????????????????????TWP Releases | My Workshop

They announced that the DLC will come out, at latest, on Sept 20th, and could be any time from today to then.

My Maps:
[spoiler][SP] Alternate[/spoiler]

*stares at calendar*

PortalStories.com
"Oh, in case you got covered in that repulsion gel, here's some advice the lab boys gave me: DO NOT get covered in the repulsion gel."