Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Portal 2's Campaign (your opinion)

Wheatley, GladOS, Cave Johnson: which character did you like the best?

Which of the 8 chapters did you like the best? Which one did you not like?

What levels did you have difficulty with during your first campaign runthrough?

What were your favorite chambers in the campaign?

What is your overall impression of the campaign?

---

1. I liked Cave Johnson the best, but Wheatley was a close second. GladOS was funny, but her humor grew tired quick.

2. I liked the underground levels, the first chapter and the Escape sequence. I liked the GladOS chapters the least because they seemed to drag on without any plot development.

3. I had difficulty with the Cave Johnson level where you had to coat a panel with blue paint and the flip it face up. In retrospect, I think to myself how could I possibly miss that.

4. I liked the Wheatley chambers later on.

5. I loved the campaign. Especially the ending. 10 out of 10.

lilianaoftheveil wrote:
Cave. I like his science-obsessed speeches about Aperture and its (pointless) innovations.

When I played through the game for the first time, I enjoyed chapter 6/7. Don't know why, maybe the amosphere (haha, got it?) in the old Aperture chambers. I didn't like chapter 8 because there were some chambers that really annoyed me.

I wouldn't call it difficulties but some of the chapter 8 levels (as I said) pissed me off, like for example the chamber with the molten exit elevator.

Hard to say. I enjoyed the chamber after Cave's rant about combustible lemons. It was very enjoyable jumping up and up and then finally escaping the ruins of Old Aperture (which does not mean that I don't like Old Aperture).

My first thought on the ending was "What the fuck?" but it was the best game I ever played. And the day I finished the game was the day I started mapping (I haven't finished many maps yet because I deleted my Steam folder multiple times).

Since I got the game last year for <Holiday Name Here>, I re-downloaded it and I just finished it. Now I'll try to make a map which I'll upload when it has got a good quality and when I have faster internet.

I personally liked Wheatley. I don't know, maybe because of the way he expresses himself? The only thing GLaDOS really can do is pop her "eye" out and move her head. Wheatley can smile, glare, cower, and more with just his "eye" and his handles. And come on, voiced by Stephen Merchant? Comedy is what made him funnier and thus better than GLaDOS, because Wheatley seemed ignorant of what he was saying, while GLaDOS's humor seemed forced in Portal 2.

I liked the Underground chapters as well, simply because of how beautiful the scenery was. Test chambers weren't simply white and black; they were green, gray, wood, etc. The office areas I wish there was more of; I could just imagine Cave leaning over into a microphone somewhere and yelling at hobos because their 20 minutes was up.

The level I had the most difficulty with was the last Wheatley chamber, with the funnel, blue gel, and turrets.

My favourite chambers were the blue gel only chambers. The music blending was great, and even after solving the test I often mess around in the gel.

Lastly, I was thoroughly impressed when I first completed the campaign. When Wheatley took over after GLaDOS's chamber, I was disappointed because the game had "ended" without introducing some of the test elements we were promised before release. Then the game continued with "The Fall" and I was satisfied. And Want You Gone is the best song to ever close a game. Ever.

Sorry for that wall of text. When I answer questions, I don't do one-sentence answers! :lol:

Cave. i liked the whole "cause i can, that's why!" attitude.

the fall/old areas of aperture. i loved these the most, and still really enjoy them. i liked seeing all the old versions of stuff like buttons and cubes, but what i liked most is seeing the geodomes for the first time. having toured valve a while back, i had seen one of the mappers play testing an old area- he was walking on a catwalk toward the sphere inside a giant cave shaft, and the door in was a new-aperture door. the catwalk extended into what i'd say was an early version of the sp_a3_speed_ramp. when i first saw these in the final game i recognized them instantly. :D

i didn't like the escape or wheatley's labs. i'm not a fan of portal 2's bts.

wheatley chambers, and one of the blue gel tests underground. i had to noclip, which destroyed all proof that i completed the game on release day. :lol:

the ones in the trailers and the ones that were in portal 1.

It's the best thing ever as far as a game on it's own, but it doesn't have enough continuity from the first game. i'd like it more if there were more references to portal 1. something i wish i had been able to see was the pneumatic diversity vent as a puzzle element. i was a bit dissapointed when i finished the game and realized it was nowhere to be seen.

ImageImage
===========================
Im blue, a Clean Christian Furry with Autism.

I like Wheatley. Maybe he becomes evil, but when he's not the central core, he's a decent guy.

That's a hard question for me. I liked chapters 2 3 4 6 and 7 because some of the chambers felt like you're wondering around the facility. I didn't like chapter 8 though. Wheatley just scares me like that sort of.

Some of Wheatley's chambers were difficult for me.

Also a hard question. I liked the chamber where there's this BTS part in one of the 1960s chambers.

I liked it, but I was very disappointed with the visual changes made since the 2010 trailers, and that they excluded some maps. (Currently, I'm trying to recreate that "Feng Shui" in my maps).

My favorite was Cave Johnson, "DEMAND TO SEE LIFE'S MANAGER"

I liked the chapter, "The Reunion" I think it was called, because the tests are very simple if you see them the right way, and you can learn about GLaDOS's past if you pay close enough attention.

My most difficult chamber was, Wheatley's chamber with the blue gel on one side, turrets blocking the endless void in front of the exit, and the excursion funnel.

My favorite chambers were the Chambers with repulsion and propulsion gels.

I was very satisfied with the ending, and shocked actually. All those thoughts of what had just happened were racing through my head.

Spoiler
Sorry, only logged-in users can see spoilers.

This... sentence... is... false.... dontthinkaboutdontthinkaboutdontthinkaboutdontthinkaboutdontthinkaboutit
MLIA
Thanks in advance :thumbup: